My new STI Spartan III 3 inch

This is a discussion on My new STI Spartan III 3 inch within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Vic_C Do you happen to know the height of the front site? I really need this in order to order a set ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My new STI Spartan III 3 inch

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_C View Post
    Do you happen to know the height of the front site? I really need this in order to order a set of night sights. Thanks!

Vic
    from the FAQ section of STI's website: All our front sights are .300″ X .060″ X 60 degrees.

Start looking at www.dawsonprecision.com Home Page they have a ton of items for STI in stock and STI will recommend you go to them first. If for nothing else it should give you the stats you are looking for.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    That is one beautiful gun, and hearing the actual price of it really, really puts thoughts into my head. I would have expected that all the STIs start off way higher that the $600 dollar range.....so many thoughts, lol.

This is the entry level model for sure. I should have gotten the Lawman or the OFF Duty model but I wanted something I could tinker with looks wise.

I did go to Dawson's and they are the ones that wanted to know the height of the front site. I don't own any calipers so i guess I will wait till I can get to my LGS to measure it. Thanks so much anyways for all your info. I really appreciate it!

Vic

Sweet! The grips look good, and once it is coated I bet it will look even better. Congratulations.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Sweet! The grips look good, and once it is coated I bet it will look even better. Congratulations.
    I fully agree. makes me want to get one!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattus Vir View Post
    Just a couple new pics with the g10 slim-line grips added. Unfortunately I have to wait until the 30th to get to the range to run any rounds through it. And the Cerakote is waiting on my LGS to get their new oven built.

Attachment 58340Attachment 58341
    What brand of grips are those? They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by KTCameraman View Post
    That is one beautiful gun, and hearing the actual price of it really, really puts thoughts into my head. I would have expected that all the STIs start off way higher that the $600 dollar range.....so many thoughts, lol.
    The Spartan III frame is made in the Philippine Islands and all the inside parts are STI. I'm not sure which manufacturer makes it, but I don't think that it's Armscor. Anyway that is how STI keeps the cost down on this pistol. Still a great pistol.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reade View Post
    What brand of grips are those? They look great!
    Those are VZ Gatorbacks.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Nice pistol, but still waiting on the range report! I have the full size Spartan (45) and it is a great pistol for the price. The Spartans are well put together (tight) and very accurate. Internals are STI and they do the quality control on the finished pistols before they hit the store shelves. Should you ever need it, STI provides outstanding customer service.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links