Do you carry a BUG? - Page 4

Do you carry a BUG?

This is a discussion on Do you carry a BUG? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yes, though I prefer to say "multiple" weapons rather than "back-up" gun, per se. I virtually always have an SP101 and a Tarani Masters Model ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Do you carry a BUG?

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Yes, though I prefer to say "multiple" weapons rather than "back-up" gun, per se. I virtually always have an SP101 and a Tarani Masters Model Karambit when I walk out the front door. It is normal for me to also have another SP101, or an S&W Model 19, or a 1911 pistol. Until fairly recently, a SIG P229 was part of the equation, but a wrist ailment has resulted in practicing much less with the SIG, as something about the recoil dynamics of .40 P229 makes it absolutely vicious. (I still use the P229 as a duty pistol, but eagerly anticipate a rule change that will allow 9mm duty pistols for the first time since we went all-.40 in 1997. If on the approved list, I will probably transition to Glock.)

There were times I carried two P229 pistols. If I do end up transitioning to carrying a Glock again as a duty pistol, it is possible I will carry two Glocks. It is quite practical to carry two weapons that share magazines or other reloading devices, if one's wardrobe will accommodate.

As indicated above, I am still an active peace officer. Whether I will change my carry habits after retirement remains to
    be seen. More likely, infirmities of age will affect my carry equation more than a change of employment, though being a
    peace officer, on or off the clock, does carry with it duties and responsibilities different from those of a private citizen.

I normally carry either my Police Security six or SR40 as primary OWB strong side with 1 magazine weak side. My LCR is my bug either in my strong side pocket or appendix carry with 1 speed strip on my belt in back.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    One thing to be cautious of when considering a BUG... Make sure it doesn't become your main weapon out of laziness...
    True statement. I have been guilty of this.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Back on the original post, my wife has a few "belly" packs. Like butt packs worn in front. If the attire is casual, that might be a possibility. My younger son has a slim portfolio that would conceal a .380. If you wear a suit jacket or jacket, an interior pocket will do for a lightweight pistol.

Decades ago, I had a girl that kept a flat knife on her all the time. She used elastic bands on her arm or leg. Kind of like a garter type of thing. That might work for a small lightweight pistol.

The corpman on our team had all kinds of slits, interior pockets, loops, hooks and other hiding places on his greens. I think some ladies fashions may lend themselves to an added interior pocket or pouch.

When I have carried a second pistol, it has been a pocket carry for the little pistol or a shoulder holster with a 45.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links