Which Crimson Trace Grips for Wife's J Frame

This is a discussion on Which Crimson Trace Grips for Wife's J Frame within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for advice on which CT grip to get for a 642 for my wife. She needs something to get a better grip ...

Thread: Which Crimson Trace Grips for Wife's J Frame

Which Crimson Trace Grips for Wife's J Frame

I am looking for advice on which CT grip to get for a 642 for my wife. She needs something to get a better grip and will not need heavy concealment. I know she's not going to wear it. At the most she will probably have it in her purse, fanny pack, or nightstand. I've seen that there seems to be a couple for the J frame but I'm not sure the differences or advantages to each. I originally took her to pick out her own gun and she chose the Bersa 380 because she didn't like the feel of the 642. I now realize that she's not going to take the time to really learn how to use an automatic so I'm hoping better larger grips and the laser will win her over to the more basic snub.

2. Remove Ads

Voice of experience

LG-305 model has an extended grip for the pinky and rubber overmolding for a little cush. They are a definate advantage over the compact hard molded version if concealment is not an issue.

Additional suggestions: Keeping the range short ( -5 yards ) , the loads mild (full wadcutters), and the sessions short (30 minutes) may improve her success and enjoyment. Have her shoot slowly and heap on the praise. Avoid the temptation to show off your own skills. Nothing builds success like enjoying the success. As long as she is better at the end of the session than she started out you both won. Treat her to lunch or at least an ice cream when you are done.

Good advice. I think I have her convinced that she needs a gun and how to use it but she's never going to be keen on the idea. It needs to be as comfortable and relaxed as possible to start her off.

I like the LG-405 as it is easier to conceal. The air pocket helps reduce recoil.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Links