Ruger LCP + questions? - Page 3

Ruger LCP + questions?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP + questions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ponchsox I actually got mine for $279 online at Gander back in January. I always thought Gander was a ripoff but that ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP + questions?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I actually got mine for $279 online at Gander back in January. I always thought Gander was a ripoff but that was a pretty sweet deal.
    I would rather pay the extra $20 than spend 5 hours trying to find a cheaper one and the $20-40 for gas lol. But yeah normally Gander is a rip, but that's not a bad deal at all. They were originally $330 at scheels, got it for $299 on sale.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    OK thanks, I'm going to check out my local stores first to see if they have it.
    Your in Wisconsin Fleet farm offers the LCP on sale about every two weeks for a great price

Purchased it last night on sale for $299. From my understanding it is not a fun "range gun" to shoot, but then again that's not its purpose is it? Based on its reliability and being so easy to conceal I couldn't really say no for $299. If I'm looking for something fun to shoot at the range I have my M&P 9. My wife is also considering getting her permit and she really wants to steal it from me when she does. She's like: "you get your big gun I get the cute one!" So if I like it I may have to buy a second one later on -.-

Thanks for the help, will post pics once I pick it up.
    Congrats. Sounds like your expectations are pretty reasonable. I love carrying mine; hate shooting it.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

The trigger pull is forever.
    One clip and my hand was bruised.
    I don't have large hands and holding/shooting it I felt like Moe Howard holding his pinkies out while drinking soup from a bowl.
    I don't like that you need a tool to field strip it.
    You can't really call the notches on the slide "sights"

Yes there are fees: namely the FFL he ships it to will not accept it for free; local guys here charge $25-50.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark View Post
    The trigger pull is forever.
    One clip and my hand was bruised.
    I don't have large hands and holding/shooting it I felt like Moe Howard holding his pinkies out while drinking soup from a bowl.
    I don't like that you need a tool to field strip it.
    You can't really call the notches on the slide "sights"

Yes there are fees: namely the FFL he ships it to will not accept it for free; local guys here charge $25-50.
    Am I doing something wrong? I can fieldstrip mine with nothing more than a fingernail (maybe a pocket knife if I've recently trimmed the nails).
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Am I doing something wrong? I can fieldstrip mine with nothing more than a fingernail (maybe a pocket knife if I've recently trimmed the nails).
    I just pop it loose with the top of an empty magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Think it depends on how tight the pin is. Mine took a little prying using a screw driver, no way it was coming out with a finger nail. Personally don't think that's a big deal though.

Yeah from the reviews I've seen you can pry the pin up with a magazine, small pocket knife, or even a casing. Not a big issue to me.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Daughter has the option of many different CC she chooses the LCP.
    30 rounds in a quick fire there goes all the stuff about the LCP. It is a fine weapon it is not a full size weapon so do not compare it to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Daughter has the option of many different CC she chooses the LCP.
    30 rounds in a quick fire there goes all the stuff about the LCP. It is a fine weapon it is not a full size weapon so do not compare it to one.
    Agreed, I will be carrying it during the day most of the time, at night I will be carrying my M&P. Picking it up in 8 hours, can't wait :D

I carry my LC9 when I wear a sweatshirt and my LCP when it is T-shirt weather. Single stack makes it easy .

Agreed, I will be carrying it during the day most of the time, at night I will be carrying my M&P. Picking it up in 8 hours, can't wait :D
    The LCP is a smaller weapon it is not a range target weapon. The longer trigger pull has it's reason they works well. The MAG safety is coming to most AUTO's if you do not like it it is easy to remove.
    Weapons like LCP require some range time to get use too. They are a point and shoot weapon sites are just there for show on weapons like this.
    LCP is not meant of a TV gun fight across the mall parking lot it is very effective for the real world ranges you may need it.
    Clean it and get out and put some rounds through it.
    I carry one at times I do not want to carry my SR9C.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links