Ruger LCP + questions?

Ruger LCP + questions?

This is a discussion on Ruger LCP + questions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking through budsgunshop website and saw a Ruger LCP for $300, which is exactly how much I have at the moment and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Ruger LCP + questions?

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Ruger LCP + questions?

I have been looking through budsgunshop website and saw a Ruger LCP for $300, which is exactly how much I have at the moment and it had very good reviews. So here are my questions.

1. Is the LCP a good CC pistol? Reliable?
    2. Is there anything better for the price?
    3. Does ordering from buds have any other fees that go along with it such as background checks or anything? or is it only tax?

I have a M&P 9, but I have been thinking about getting a BUG/Smaller CC gun for certain situations.

Also just found Ruger p95 for $330.. also great reviews.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    3. Does ordering from buds have any other fees that go along with it such as background checks or anything? or is it only tax?
    I have never ordered from Buds but I do know the price advertised includes a 3% cash discount. When using a credit card for payment the price at check-out will be higher. The web site clearly states this but sometimes we miss the obvious when under the influence of gun lust.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I have never ordered from Buds but I do know the price advertised includes a 3% cash discount. When using a credit card for payment the price at check-out will be higher. The web site clearly states this but sometimes we miss the obvious when under the influence of gun lust.
    Yeah I saw that.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

you'll also need to pay a transfer fee at your LGS when you pick it up. you can shop around your city for the lowest fee and have it mailed wherever you want. most charge between $10-25 to transfer a firearm.

The LCP is a good little pocket pistol and great for summer carry. $300 is a fair price. If you look around, you could probably save $20 or so.

I think the LCP is a great carry gun. In a pocket holster, it doesn't feel much different than a wallet. I like shooting mine at the range every now and then, and it's been reliable and accurate for such a small gun.

Bud's price is not bad. You should be able to find one for about that price locally so long as you don't want bells and whistles like a laser or a zombie slayer decal. I haven't dealt with Bud's, but I haven't heard anything bad about him either.

I really love my LCP. It is by far the easiest gun I have to carry because it is so small. The downside to being the easiest gun to carry is that it is the hardest gun to shoot accurately. Doing dryfire practice with the LCP around the house has improved my shooting so much. I have probably 2K trigger pulls on it with no ammo in the gun.
    beararms likes this.

Not sure how much my opinion counts, as the LCP is my first carry gun, but I've had mine on me for about a year now and have never had any problems with it :) It's not exactly a fun range gun - once I get through 50 rounds I play with something more comfortable. But I needed something tiny and she does the job!
    Burns likes this.

I've had my LCP for less than a month now. No issues at all. Picked it up for $259 at a local shop

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Get a Taurus TCP, I've had both and much prefer the TCP 738 to the Ruger LCP.

FWiW I bought my LCP to be a good backup gun, but more often than not its become my primary CC because it's so darn comfortable, small and easy to carry. I've put about 300 rounds through mine, only malfunctions if I've ridden her hard and put her down wet. I.E. no cleaning combined with excess lube and pocket lint=JAM-o-Matic! Shooter induced failure, not the weapons fault. Keep her clean And she will treat you right! FYI, I shot the LCP dirty and wet on purpose to see her limitations. Found Em!!

if any reads my reviews they know I don't care for the 380 as a defense gun muzzle is 200 ft lbs as compared to a 9mm at 335 ft lbs. a gun is never meant to be carried comfortable. Carrying is a life change as in clothing and style and not a fashion statement.

I did have a Ruger LCP and I found them to be jumpy with a long heavy trigger pull. I traded up to a glock 26 and love it. 11 rounds compared to 7 and the trigger is a dream compared to the LCP

I carry in a belly band and have no problems with shorts and a tee. There are other ways to carry just as comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I have been looking through budsgunshop website and saw a Ruger LCP for $300, which is exactly how much I have at the moment and it had very good reviews. So here are my questions.

1. Is the LCP a good CC pistol? Reliable?
    2. Is there anything better for the price?

I have a M&P 9, but I have been thinking about getting a BUG/Smaller CC gun for certain situations.

Also just found Ruger p95 for $330.. also great reviews.
    1. The LCP is a good, reliable CC pistol.
    2. Buds price can be beat but it is not bad. Other .380 semi-auto guns may be cheaper but I don't think they are as good. The LCP is a winner in my book. Lot's of other people agree because it is the best selling CC handgun on the market right now.
    3. Buds can be rather slow to process an order. If you send a check to avoid the 3% credit card fee they have to wait for the check to clear which adds almost a week to the transaction. I live in Texas and Buds does not have physical business presence in Texas so there is no sales tax added for me.

Since you have a M&P 9 you might want to take a close look at the new M&P Shield. (I still think the LCP is a better choice, BTW.) As for the Ruger P95, I think that would be about the same as your M&P 9. Genitron.com: Comparing 2 Guns|M&P|P95 (P-95)|

maybe look at the lc9? only a little bigger and in 9mm. but i believe the lcp is the best .380 for the money. seems to hate any reloaded ammo though.

I will be looking at some local gun shops in a few hours and check out their prices. I'll keep you posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links