Two M&Ps in a week!

Two M&Ps in a week!

This is a discussion on Two M&Ps in a week! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I went new gun shopping last Saturday at the LGS. I was in the market for a semi-auto type of gun so I handled ...

Two M&Ps in a week!

So I went new gun shopping last Saturday at the LGS. I was in the market for a semi-auto type of gun so I handled everything they had. I already knew I didn't want a Glock, I've had a few in the past and never liked them. I asked when they would be getting the new Shields, but they had no idea, said they could only order two, and they wouldn't tell me a price for it either. I decided on a M&P 40c and went and picked it up Monday. Love the 40c, handles the 40S&W nicely. So while I was at the range today, I noticed a smallish M&P behind the glass, and sure enough it was a Shield. The price tag said $359, and I couldn't resist. So here I am now with two M&Ps, one for me and one for the wife probably.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Awesome! Hope you enjoy them!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Wow, $359 is the lowest I've seen. Congrats!

Seems like the M&P's have really come down in price. It's quite a good price for quite a fine firearm.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

The 40c was priced at $559, still not too terribly high looking around the internet.

The M&P 40c is one sweet piece. I love mine. I still love my Glocks but i may be leaning.I wish i would have gotten the .45ACP.
    " A free people ought not only to be armed & disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms & ammo to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them including their own government"
    George Washington

VIP Member
    I gave $479 for a full-sized 9mm M&P a few weeks ago.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Two M&Ps in a week!

I have the shield in 40, now looking to add a full size M&P 40 with a light for home defense. I love my shield and I'm sure ill love the full size.

If you want to launch .40 cal. rounds, the M&P is a great platform to do that with. I bought a 40C when they first came out, in 2007, and picked up an M&P full-size 40 a couple of years ago, as well. They handle the snappy .40 caliber quite nicely. I much prefer my Glocks for 9mm. But in .40, the M&P is a better platform.

The clowns in government office see the solution to everything is write more laws, creating the ever-mounting morass of legal handicaps that we citizens must labor under.

STATE'S RIGHTS RULE and should be INVIOLATE. Feds butt out!

Links