M&P 9 Shield - side by side with Glock 19

This is a discussion on M&P 9 Shield - side by side with Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I made an impulse buy today and purchased the much-hyped M&P 9 Shield. I paid $432.95 out the door and am very pleased with its ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Bark'n
  • 4 Post By Luis50

Thread: M&P 9 Shield - side by side with Glock 19

I made an impulse buy today and purchased the much-hyped M&P 9 Shield. I paid $432.95 out the door and am very pleased with its initial feel. I was looking for a gun to carry when I can't have my G19, so I was tending towards the Glock 26. Apparently Glock is 4-6 months backordered, so a new G26 wasn't going to happen.

The Shield is of MUCH higher quality than the Ruger LC9 that the salesperson at the shop showed me, and it is also a great deal slimmer than the used G27 that I was considering. I was also surprised to discover that I can get a 2.5 finger grip on the gun (you'll see what I mean when you see the pictures). I don't have baby hands, but I'm not Shaq either. Still, this was a nice surprise when shopping for a dedicated carry pistol.

I haven't shot it yet, but I'll update when I do. In the mean time, check out these photos of the Shield compared to my trusty G19.

How do you post pictures? "Images" isn't doing it. I'll do another post here
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Oh yeah, the pics look great!
    Walden and Madcap_Magician like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Thank you for the photo's. I appreciate your effort and input. I am hoping I will get my hands on one this Friday. I have a two hundred credit hanging at my LGS and with any luck I will put the balance with it and walk out with a Shield or a M&P 9c.
    Frank.

Oh yeah, that's much better. Glad you figured out the photo's. I see the new M&P Shield in my future, real soon! Looks like a great gun!

Congrats!

Looking forward to a range report on that pistol!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Nice looking piece however, the pics also illustrate why the Glock19 is still one of the best all around carry pieces made.

Enjoy.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member
    Thanks for the side x side.
    Wow, the "block is, er , really blocky'er than the M&P by a long shot.
    But I suppose my M&P9c is probably not too far behind.
    My nephew is considering one in his future.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by Luis50 View Post
    Nice looking piece however, the pics also illustrate why the Glock19 is still one of the best all around carry pieces made.

Enjoy.
    No doubt. I love Glocks! The only reason I sold my one and only Glock was because I was eliminating .40 cal from my line-up. No doubt I'll own Glock again in the future.

But for now, I'm loving my full size M&P 9 and will likely get the Shield before summer is over.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Glad y'all like the photos. I'm on my way to the range as soon as my dealer finishes fixing my car. I'm wearing the Shield in in my belt without a holster (nothing in the pipe) today. I'm loving the deep concealment, but I'm not sure this is going to be my primary carry gun. I don't feel under-gunned at all, but there is a special place in my heart and on my hip for my Glock 19

Sponsored Links