Why I chose a G36 over the other Glocks

This is a discussion on Why I chose a G36 over the other Glocks within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying a Glock in one variation or the other since 1995. Having lugged a 1911 for years, and then the Beretta M9; ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why I chose a G36 over the other Glocks

Why I chose a G36 over the other Glocks

I have been carrying a Glock in one variation or the other since 1995. Having lugged a 1911 for years, and then the Beretta M9; I think the Glock is a great pistol. I chose the G36 over the others for these simple reasons. Even though it's just marginally smaller then the 19 and a shade larger than the 26, it simply feels better IWB to me. I carry and conceal it very well, and I can shoot the crap out of it. The fact that it pokes a big hole is also a factor. So there you go.

2. Remove Ads

All sound like good reasons to me. Enjoy!
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

VIP Member
    I want one.

Last month, I purchased a G 36 because of it size, weight, and the package it delivers. I love it!!!!
    ccman likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

MJK
    I've carried a G36 for about 4 years IWB. Can't beat it for comfort, realiability, handling and big holes!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

pray you never see a Glock 36 from this angle. The best reason I can think of for carrying one. That's my PF-9 9mm with the G36.

ccman likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

all correct, win win win

VIP Member
    They are so easy to carry, sometimes I carry two of them. The G36 really is a potent little package.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Maybe one of you G36 guys knows the answer to this: Does a G36 use the same holster that a G19/23 uses?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Maybe one of you G36 guys knows the answer to this: Does a G36 use the same holster that a G19/23 uses?
    Only in a general way. It will "fit" but unless it is a simple one-size-fits-all holster, there will some play. The G19 & G36 are close in size, but not exact. A holster specifically molded for the G36 would be best.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

You're preaching to the choir here.
    I understand...completely!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Only in a general way. It will "fit" but unless it is a simple one-size-fits-all holster, there will some play. The G19 & G36 are close in size, but not exact. A holster specifically molded for the G36 would be best.
    I agree with RoadRunner. I have a 19 and 36. The 36 will fit in the soft 19 holsters but not as secure as I'd like.
    Earlier this month, my wife and I were travelling on I 81 and due to some very poor driving, of others, we were rear ended by a 18 wheeler. We were travelling down hill at 75 MPH. Our vehicle was totalled. We walked away, thankfully! The impact was severe had I had a gun in a holster not specifically designed for the weapon I wonder where the weapon would have ended up.

Here is a link Holster for Glock 36 to a thread I started seeking guidance on a holster for my 36.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    My G36 fits perfectly in my FIST OWB, in my UBG Striker IWB, my Sparks SSII, and in my PJ Kydex IWb holster; all were made for my G19. I don't notice any play at all.

The 36 is surely a great gun ....but I opted for the 30SF............10 +1 of .45acp is some Serious Business.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The 36 is surely a great gun ....but I opted for the 30SF............10 +1 of .45acp is some Serious Business.
    Yessiree it surely is. I had a 30 and it shot great; just found it a lil too fat for my liking personally.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links