New Kahr P45 malfunction

This is a discussion on New Kahr P45 malfunction within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Slide will not rack back. Just short of no movement in slide at all....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Kahr P45 malfunction

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

New Kahr P45 malfunction

Slide will not rack back. Just short of no movement in slide at all.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Slide will not rack back. Just short of no movement in slide at all.
    I take it that this happened after firing a round or dry firing it?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Happened after pulling the pistol out of box, dropping the mag, racking the slide twice to get a feel for the action.On the third attempt to rack the slide it froze. Maybe an 1/8 inch movement or less. Not enough movement to see into breech.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

So you can't move the slide far enough to take it down? Does the slide move forward into battery?

Yes it does move into battery. No I cannot move it into take down position.

Patrick Henry

Looks like a trip to my lgs's gunsmith is in order.

Patrick Henry

yeah, I would say that's behind our expertise. something is binding it seems

You were duly warned. It says "Kahr" right on the slide.

Known
    As
    Hardly
    Reliable
    Crowbait likes this.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I was looking at a parts breakdown and it looks toe like there are a few things it could be...does the slide move rearward enough that the barrel begins to unlock?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

No. Literally there is just enough play in the slide to begin reward motion. 1/8 inch at best

Patrick Henry

I don't have the breakdown in front of me so I'm just going from memory but the cocking cam and the striker spring spacer could be the culprits. I had this happen to a pistol of mine a few years back and I ended up driving all of the pins I had access to out and whatever was locking it up freed up. I was able to reassemble and there were no broken/damaged parts. It never happened again. Good luck.

I will look at that option crowbait.

Patrick Henry

If this is a new pistol, I'd just send it back to the manufacturer for them to repair. No point in trying to fix it yourself and possibly risking damage.

Ya shudda bought a GLOCK!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Hey Top I already have a G27. Just got the problem resolved. Bad recoil spring was the culprit. Repaired at no cost.

Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links