M&p9c questions - Page 2

M&p9c questions

This is a discussion on M&p9c questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The trouble with an internet diagnoses is you're going to get dozens of different answers from dozens of different people that you have no idea ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&p9c questions

sgb
    The trouble with an internet diagnoses is you're going to get dozens of different answers from dozens of different people that you have no idea as to their expertise.

There are several things that can contribute to your problem and your best bet is investing in some personal instruction time with a good Instructor. Just my .02
    oneshot likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

cj
    I'm a little thrown since you've been shooting an XD, presumably without the same effect. One idea might be to try some of the different grip sizes? If you're used to squeezing the grip a certain way, it's possible the grip insert you're using might not be quite right for you. I discovered that the one that felt most comfortable at first ended up NOT being the one that I shot best with. Not uncomfortable to change, I just discovered it helped to tweak my natural point of aim even though it felt a little different.

The 'grip' theory might be born out by the charts mentioned above as well.

Perhaps try a few magazines with each insert the next time you're out?

Quote Originally Posted by John123 View Post
    Same here! I feel like I finally lucked out with the M&P series, they fit like a glove in my hand using the small inserts. The M&P truly feels like it was custom fit for my hand and grip style (thumbs forward IPSC style). They may not fit everyone, but for me it's perfect. In the end find what fits you best, not what the latest gun rag is trying to market. Despite what some will argue, most modern polymer framed guns will do everything you need and more. The only reason why I prefer M&P is because of its ergonomics. Technically I like the xd's features better, I just can't shoot one as well (I.e. driving from target to target and controlling muzzle flip) YMMV. If you shot better with the XD why not go back?
    I got the m&p because it had the same features as the xdm And I didnt need the xd gear holsters and such . And in my area it was $100 cheaper than the xd. Ill work with this one and see If I can get acclimated to it I really like the ergos of the m&p I guess itll take a bit of time.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    I'm a little thrown since you've been shooting an XD, presumably without the same effect. One idea might be to try some of the different grip sizes? If you're used to squeezing the grip a certain way, it's possible the grip insert you're using might not be quite right for you. I discovered that the one that felt most comfortable at first ended up NOT being the one that I shot best with. Not uncomfortable to change, I just discovered it helped to tweak my natural point of aim even though it felt a little different.

Perhaps try a few magazines with each insert the next time you're out?
    I have that planned for the next range session.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links