M&p9c questions

M&p9c questions

This is a discussion on M&p9c questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got done bench resting my m&p9c. And its shooting where its supposed to. But when I shoot off hand Im shooting a little low ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&p9c questions

M&p9c questions

Just got done bench resting my m&p9c. And its shooting where its supposed to. But when I shoot off hand Im shooting a little low and right. Where do most of you put your trigger finger. Ive tried different places but still shoot to the right. Maybe I need to give it more break in time and getting used to a new trigger. Thanks for all your time to answer any questions on this. So far the gun has ran flawlessly. Maybe its just me getting used to a new gun. Stay safe everyone.

cj
    The pad of my finger (a little toward the tip from center) rests right in the deepest part of the curve. Just curious what else you shoot that doesn't show this? I'm wondering about the effect of the different trigger style.

Do yourself a favor and throw an APEX trigger kit in there, it did a world of difference for my M&Pc. No matter how slowly or smoothly I would dry fire my pistol with the stock trigger it would slightly (I mean very slightly) disturb my sight picture. My stock trigger broke at about 8lbs, but with the Apex installed it breaks at about 4.5lbs. Also takes the "crunch" out of the initial take up. Yes, I do carry with this installed, with one in the chamber and of course no negligent discharges. Im in no way endorsed by apex, just a very happy customer!

I went by the Local Gun Shop/Range today to see if they had any word on when my M&P9 Pro (that I ordered a couple of months ago) would be arriving! I plan on ordering an M&P9c as soon as my Pro comes in and since they had one, they let me try it.....the owner's son had a regular M&P9 FS with an Apex FSS Trigger Kit that he offered to let me shoot, as well. The compact shot great and I was extremely impressed and it was all I could do not to take it home with me.......then I shot the FS with the Apex FSS and all I can say is WOW!!!......this system takes Stryker fired pistols to a whole new level.....I will definitely be installing this trigger system on one or both of my M&Ps when I get them. John 123 is right, Apex triggers make "a world of difference"!
    John123 likes this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

are you putting your support hand index finger infront of the trigger guard? I think you are, and that could cause yaw and a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    The pad of my finger (a little toward the tip from center) rests right in the deepest part of the curve. Just curious what else you shoot that doesn't show this? I'm wondering about the effect of the different trigger style.
    Ive been shooting springfield xd pistols for the last 6 years and just switched to the m&p series.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    are you putting your support hand index finger infront of the trigger guard? I think you are, and that could cause yaw and a pull.
    No I dont put my finger on the front part of the trigger guard. It rests just under it.

Grip....anticipating the discharge...slapping the trigger rather than slowly and steadily pulling until discharge... All of these things or any one of these things can cause your "low left" shot placement. I recommend you first research proper grip of a semiautomatic...the amount of pressure you put into the grip with your dominant hand versus your weak hand can definitely affect shot placement...A little trick you can try, when shooting from a stance, two handed, is to push with your dominant hand toward the target and pull with your weak hand against the push...It sound crazy, but try it...It sometimes helps you to get a feel for the proper amount of pressure that each hand should put into the grip of the weapon...then dry fire dry fire dry fire until you reach the point where you are slowly pulling the trigger back until discharge...then after mastering that, work on trigger reset, so you won't be slapping (slapping is normally caused by the improper placement of the pad of the finger on the trigger) the trigger while trying to squeeze shots off in rapid succession. Hopefully one, of these items is the cause, but certainly don't be surprised if all are a contributing factor...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Just got done bench resting my m&p9c. And its shooting where its supposed to. But when I shoot off hand Im shooting a little low and right. Where do most of you put your trigger finger. Ive tried different places but still shoot to the right. Maybe I need to give it more break in time and getting used to a new trigger. Thanks for all your time to answer any questions on this. So far the gun has ran flawlessly. Maybe its just me getting used to a new gun. Stay safe everyone.
    I just re-read your post. I guess I'm an idiot, because YOUR question/explanation is that "when you shoot off hand" you are shooting little low and right. I guess with that statement you are shooting one handed with your off hand (left hand). If this is the case then I think you are slapping the trigger. Sorry for the long dissertation in the previous post I made on this thread...Log it up to my gray hair...sigh....Anyway, good luck on finding the problem/solution...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I just re-read your post. I guess I'm an idiot, because YOUR question/explanation is that "when you shoot off hand" you are shooting little low and right. I guess with that statement you are shooting one handed with your off hand (left hand). If this is the case then I think you are slapping the trigger. Sorry for the long dissertation in the previous post I made on this thread...Log it up to my gray hair...sigh....Anyway, good luck on finding the problem/solution...JMO
    Ooops I guess my off hand means something different. I mean not shooting from a bench. I meant shooting standing with a two hand hold. Hope I didnt confuse anyone with this. I just try and type to dang fast.

Off hand usually means without a rest. A handgun is fired off hand almost always unless it is being sighted in, hunted with or target shooting.

There is a reference somewhere in this forum that tells what the cause for errant shots are. It is a target with zones identifying the likely cause for "low right" or whatever. I will search for a link but maybe someone else can pipe in with it. It is probably a stickie or in the reference forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Correction Chart
    - Pistol - RH

As evidenced here.........http://is-lan.com/challenge/images/P...Correction.pdf
    Attached Images
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Diagnose my shooting

Thanks one shot, you beat me to it.

Last edited by Yoda; April 22nd, 2012 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Same here! I feel like I finally lucked out with the M&P series, they fit like a glove in my hand using the small inserts. The M&P truly feels like it was custom fit for my hand and grip style (thumbs forward IPSC style). They may not fit everyone, but for me it's perfect. In the end find what fits you best, not what the latest gun rag is trying to market. Despite what some will argue, most modern polymer framed guns will do everything you need and more. The only reason why I prefer M&P is because of its ergonomics. Technically I like the xd's features better, I just can't shoot one as well (I.e. driving from target to target and controlling muzzle flip) YMMV. If you shot better with the XD why not go back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links