Front sight on the Kel Tec SUB-2000

This is a discussion on Front sight on the Kel Tec SUB-2000 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been looking for a .40S&W carbine. I carry a Glock and thought that the Kel Tec SUB-2000 would be perfect because it uses the ...

Thread: Front sight on the Kel Tec SUB-2000

Front sight on the Kel Tec SUB-2000

I've been looking for a .40S&W carbine. I carry a Glock and thought that the Kel Tec SUB-2000 would be perfect because it uses the Glock mags. However, that enourmous front sight is not foldable or removable. It seems to me that it would get in the way of any scope or reflex sight. Is there any way to get that sight off short of sawing it? If it has to be permenantly removed, then the option of using iron sights is also gone.

Any ideas?

By the way, who designs a folding carbine that the scope would have to be removed in order to fold it all the way?

2. Remove Ads

I can put a 33 round mag worth of ammo into a fist size group at 50 yards with my sub2k. It's hella more accurate than you may think with the stock sights.

to the OP, there is a keltec forum that has addressed all the accessorizing one can do to the sub2K. I don't think it was meant to take a reflex sight and be folded. The sights do suck but they they function the way they are designed.

some folks have removed the sights altogether, bought a rail from keltec and put a reflex sight. some have bubba'b a foldable sight that moves out of the way when the carbine is folded.

I kept mine as is and trained to use it as is. It is a blast to shoot. I also like it the fact that it shares glock mags.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Links