New 238 is being a pain.

This is a discussion on New 238 is being a pain. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Cleaned it and loaded it with Gold Dots. Loaded it at slide lock. Whether I drop the slide release or slingshot it, if the magazine ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Superhouse 15

Thread: New 238 is being a pain.

New 238 is being a pain.

Cleaned it and loaded it with Gold Dots. Loaded it at slide lock. Whether I drop the slide release or slingshot it, if the magazine has six rounds in it, the first round nosedives into the feed ramp. Also tries to strip the second round. Grrrrr. Will start at the range with some ball tomorrow and see how it runs. Have heard that these little guys will take some breaking in.

2. Remove Ads

They will. I had for a long time before switching to 9mm. Took a couple boxes of ammo for everything to "Mate Up".

My friend bought 2 of them,they ran great out of the box even shooting some of my 90 grn LRN reloads,I'm wondering if you leave the mags loaded it may relieve spring tension enough to keep the first round from nose diving,worst case scenario Sig has great CS if you need to send it in
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Seems to feed hardball just fine. Will find out tomorrow if she wants to run or not.

I have not run gold dots through mine (also almost brand new)...i have heard that gold dots may catch on the front of the mag while feeding. Golden sabres seem to cycle fine in mine.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Stick with it those firearms are sweet!

RugerLCP for EDC
    CWFL Florida
    NRA member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

I agree, stick with it, took me 300 rds of ball ammo before the wifes P238 would digest gold dots. Been running along just fine with them now for the past 8 months.
    The gun probably has around 2k rounds fed through it now and it is one smooth little baby, and accurate as hell to boot.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

My P238 would not feed Dold Dots reliably either, other HP's and ball were fine. My SD round for that gun was Buffalo Bore 100 gr hardcast +P.

The Gold Saber is longer, more rounded, and has a tough brass jacket. Good feed reliability and good terminal performance wins. If you have an awesome performing bullet thats not reliable it's a no-go.
    glockman10mm likes this.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Heck, I forgot about Golden Sabers. Used to run them in my Beretta 85. Also used to run them in a Springfield 1911 that had not been throated. Nice, smooth ogive made them feed very well. Will pick some up this week.

Links