My new gun :D

This is a discussion on My new gun :D within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought the LCP yesterday, have yet to shoot it but I am very satisfied with it. Unbelievably easy and comfortable to conceal, and have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By MrBuckwheat
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: My new gun :D

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Just bought the LCP yesterday, have yet to shoot it but I am very satisfied with it. Unbelievably easy and comfortable to conceal, and have no doubts about carrying it as my primary on occasions.

ruger lcp 2.jpg

ruger lcp.jpg
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I love my LCP and here's a word of advice.

Practice a lot with it.

It's greatest strength of being small and so easily concealable is also the LCP's greatest weakness in that it is a little bugger to figure out and become accurate with it.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I love my LCP and here's a word of advice.

Practice a lot with it.

It's greatest strength of being small and so easily concealable is also the LCP's greatest weakness in that it is a little bugger to figure out and become accurate with it.
    Yeah I'm going to, need to buy some range ammo and wait for the range to get fixed. Neither of them have been shot yet so I'm going to devote a day to shooting them, hopefully next week.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I love the LCP. My wife and I each have one. I have found, it seems to be more accurate in rapid fire as opposed to slow deliberate aimed fire.

Being so small to hold on to, I find my groups opening up on the target if I try to hold it tight and steady in slow fire. Get a good solid two handed grip on it and let it rip rather quick and my groups tighten up. Likewise with a one hand grip.
    surefire7 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I love the LCP. My wife and I each have one. I have found, it seems to be more accurate in rapid fire as opposed to slow deliberate aimed fire.

Being so small to hold on to, I find my groups opening up on the target if I try to hold it tight and steady in slow fire. Get a good solid two handed grip on it and let it rip rather quick and my groups tighten up. Likewise with a one hand grip.
    Thanks for the tips. I also love that they included a mag extension... I can fit 2 fingers on it now! :O

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Thank you, I was looking for something like that, for $10 it's worth a shot.

VIP Member
    Good choice make sure to spend some time with it and it is ok to sleep with it
    Bark'n likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

[QUOTE=Burns;2238528]Just bought the LCP yesterday, have yet to shoot it but I am very satisfied with it. Unbelievably easy and comfortable to conceal, and have no doubts about carrying it as my primary on occasions. [quote]

Not sure how anyone can feel ultimately confident in a sidearm before even firing a shot through it. It conceals well is one thing, but the big picture is what you want to see. Hey......if it's all good, then good for you. I'm just sayin'....never bet on a race horse before you've seen it in action. Comfort and conceal-ability are only pages in the book. Each and every page is important for the story, but the ending comes in the last few pages of the book. Short stories and novels alike. 47 pages or 437 pages. I'm more interested in how the story ends than how it began. That's just me. I've been down a lot of roads and luckily I haven't spent much time chasing those that turn into rocky roads. Maybe it's because I don't go down unknown roads unless I know I can get out. 4WD helps making turns onto unknown roads just to find out. 4Cyl and front wheel drive just can't get everywhere you might want to go. Same thing with pistols and self defense. Once the word 'comfortable' comes up it raises a red flag with me. That's just me. How many have been taken while feeling 'comfortable' at home? When you're comfortable.....you're easily put down. If you want to be aware always....you'll never feel comfortable. This is the way things should be, and it's a rule of the universe. Once you're in tune, you'll know what I mean.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Not sure how anyone can feel ultimately confident in a sidearm before even firing a shot through it. It conceals well is one thing, but the big picture is what you want to see. Hey......if it's all good, then good for you. I'm just sayin'....never bet on a race horse before you've seen it in action. Comfort and conceal-ability are only pages in the book. Each and every page is important for the story, but the ending comes in the last few pages of the book. Short stories and novels alike. 47 pages or 437 pages. I'm more interested in how the story ends than how it began. That's just me. I've been down a lot of roads and luckily I haven't spent much time chasing those that turn into rocky roads. Maybe it's because I don't go down unknown roads unless I know I can get out. 4WD helps making turns onto unknown roads just to find out. 4Cyl and front wheel drive just can't get everywhere you might want to go. Same thing with pistols and self defense. Once the word 'comfortable' comes up it raises a red flag with me. That's just me. How many have been taken while feeling 'comfortable' at home? When you're comfortable.....you're easily put down. If you want to be aware always....you'll never feel comfortable. This is the way things should be, and it's a rule of the universe. Once you're in tune, you'll know what I mean.
    I could restate it if you'd like. I feel more comfortable carrying it compared to being unarmed, not to mention I carry more than just a handgun, I looked at all the possible problem areas with them and found nothing wrong with it, there are no burs or anything to cause a jam, did a thorough cleaning of it. It is not the ONLY thing I rely on, I carry OC spray, a knife, and have a lot of MA training. Those who rely on only their firearm 100% are fools...

Also, I never said "ultimately confident" now did I?

Congrats on the new firearm!
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Congrats on the new firearm...may it treat you well!

Be sure to take it to the range to be positive it can do some talkin' for ya'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Congrats on the new firearm...may it treat you well!

Be sure to take it to the range to be positive it can do some talkin' for ya'...
    Yup, soon as the range is ready I am. Can't wait to actually do some shootin' :p

Sponsored Links