Mag Problems with Taurus Slim PT709?!

This is a discussion on Mag Problems with Taurus Slim PT709?! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have read on Midway USA comments that mags for the above have been defective and am wondering if anyone here has had that problem. I ...

Thread: Mag Problems with Taurus Slim PT709?!

Mag Problems with Taurus Slim PT709?!

Have read on Midway USA comments that mags for the above have been defective and am wondering if anyone here has had that problem. I went to the Taurus home site and they don't even have 709 mags listed! Comments... and thanks.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove Ads

What kind of problems are the comments speaking about ?? I know on mine, I bought had purchased one from a LGS and it did not drop free like my others. I measured it and it seemed to be just a tad thicker than my others. I ended up using it as one of my range mags. Some other have experienced this also and have contacted Taurus and exchanged them for others. I wonder if there were a bad batch made that went out. It possible if your LGS has one, if they will allow you to try it in your gun before purchase. I hope this helps. God Bless

VBVAGUY: The problem seemed to be that the mags would not fit. Don't know re. the release problem. I'm going to call Taurus CS tomorrow and find out what they have to say and why the 709 mags are not listed on their site.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    "Insert widely used Taurus I told you so wise crack"
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I purchased extra magazines from directly Taurus for my 709. Seemed best to get them from the source rather than a reseller if possible... BTW, no problems with the magazines.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

No problems with mine. I carried it all weekend long and almost forgot it was there. So easy to carry that little pistol, and I always enjoy shooting it too. Over 2,000 trouble free rounds now.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

My "problem" solved: got a Shield!

Links