ghost trigger on glock?

This is a discussion on ghost trigger on glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have heard a lot of buzz about trigger mods being an issue on a carry gun; my 23 has a ghost ultimate 3.5lb on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ghost trigger on glock?

ghost trigger on glock?

i have heard a lot of buzz about trigger mods being an issue on a carry gun; my 23 has a ghost ultimate 3.5lb on it, along with an extended slide and mag release.

has there ever been an instance of a trigger mod being a contributing factor to the conviction of someone in a self defense court case? or is this all just hype?
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

2. Remove Ads

I'm my opinion things like this are kind of gun urban legends. Like a prosecutor using reloaded ammo against you in court. If you want to take into consideration EVERYTHING that could POTENTIALLY be used against you in court then your talking about a seriously long list. As far as I am concerned the ghost trigger kit's on my G26 and G19 are safety features. They help me accurately hit the bad guy and the bad guy only making it safer for me and for innocent bystanders.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    I just installed a a Ghost Rocket connector recently and it came out as quick as it went in. I hated what it did to my reset and I also how light it was. Just my opinion, but I have got so good at the .25 cent trigger job that I tend to favor that with a stock trigger. Why risk it if there is no need?
    Last edited by C hawk Glock; April 22nd, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

do a search and you will find a lot of threads on this subject

no. i searched trigger modification and got a million irrelevant threads. so here's another duplicate thread. i am not gonna search through 500 pages to find an opinion when i can just ask for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm my opinion things like this are kind of gun urban legends. Like a prosecutor using reloaded ammo against you in court. If you want to take into consideration EVERYTHING that could POTENTIALLY be used against you in court then your talking about a seriously long list. As far as I am concerned the ghost trigger kit's on my G26 and G19 are safety features. They help me accurately hit the bad guy and the bad guy only making it safer for me and for innocent bystanders.
    kinda my sentiments. i am actually thinking about going back to the stock. not sure i like the reset. pull is much better but the reset suffers, guess it's give and take.

Glad I clicked on this. Been considering a rocket connector, but btwn the apparent reset issue and a point someone brought up elsewhere, I'm gonna pass. The other point was with the overtravel - why put your SD pistol in a condition so close to not working on purpose.

I'm confused, what reset issue are you guys talking about?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Glad I clicked on this. Been considering a rocket connector, but btwn the apparent reset issue and a point someone brought up elsewhere, I'm gonna pass. The other point was with the overtravel - why put your SD pistol in a condition so close to not working on purpose.
    So on my install I had to sand down the connector (I was expecting this as they say some fitting is required) and indeed it did work, but for some reason my reset was not nearly as pronounced and I feel like my trigger was too light for a defensive firearm. I have done other drop in 3.5 connectors and they did not have this issue of being too light and effecting the reset. I am honestly a little perplexed on the reset issue and typically you should not be effecting that with this connector.

By the way just for point of reference, I am not a smiff by any means, but have done multiple projects that 99% people take their firearms to smiffs for.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Keep what is already a great trigger...stock!OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm confused, what reset issue are you guys talking about?
    Me Too.

I have runnning a G35 with a Ghost Trigger for over 4 years in IDPA type matches Etc without any problems. Most likely over 15,000 rds throught that pistol.

I run Ghost tactical connectors in all of my Glocks, never had a problem with one that was properly installed. I'm not a huge fan of the Rocket with the overtravel stop, but I've shot them and they seem to work ok.

I also consider it a modification that makes the gun easier to hit with, thus safer because of the increased accuracy. If you think a prosecutor will make an issue about it, plan a good affirmative defense in advance.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

A quick reference is Massad Ayoob's court cases on light triggers on carry guns,eye opening.

just for the record I have a lone wolf 3.5 connector with a 6lb trigger spring and I like the set up.
    Can the modifications be bought up in court; sure can but doubtful
    and why need be if the shooting is good

3.5 is a tad light for my carry taste.. i use the 4.5, and love it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links