S&w 40c

This is a discussion on S&w 40c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a older 40c i carry as a consealed weapon that i picked up several yeas ago and like it very much,it has a ...

Thread: S&w 40c

S&w 40c

I have a older 40c i carry as a consealed weapon that i picked up several yeas ago and like it very much,it has a police badge stamped in the left side of the barrel.I have looked and read but havent found any info on this emblem,and havnt seen another with this emblem,can someone ring in on what this indicates.

2. Remove Ads

It could be a police gun or it might have been a special run that either was not all sold or the distributor had them made specially.

Either way they are great guns and I carry mine as primary often.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You might be able to contact S&W with your question and serial number and learn a bit more about it. Did you buy it new ?

I bet you it was a police issued that (if bought new) wasn't all sold like previously stated. Or if its used maybe a trade in?? Either way you got a great gun! I carry my 9c every day and my fs 45 sometimes! Btw seems like a lot of people don't know this that have those but did you know there is a barrel that converts that 40 to a 9?? So then you have a 357 sig, a 40, and a 9mm!! Fwiw!

Links