Finished my "Defensive Collection" today

This is a discussion on Finished my "Defensive Collection" today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been in the market for a Keltec p3at for a jogging/pocket/deep concealment/carry to and from girl friends house gun. Well today I saw ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Finished my "Defensive Collection" today

Finished my "Defensive Collection" today

I had been in the market for a Keltec p3at for a jogging/pocket/deep concealment/carry to and from girl friends house gun. Well today I saw one on my local gun forum for 215.00 and it came with a extra mag and galco pocket holster. I jumped on it. This is actually the type of gun I PREFER to buy used because someone else spent their ammo breaking it in and my local forum is BIG on reputation so it's a safe bet that your not going to end up with a gun with issues. This purchase actually finishes off my collection of defensive firearms. I have (with in reason) all my basis covered. From here on out it's pretty much going to be a matter of just buying stuff I think is "cool" or I just want. No more real need driven purchases. I'm a little sad honestly lol...

Here a pick of the p3at

IMG_0094.JPG

And here a pic of my collection

P3at
    G26
    G19
    AR-15
    Remington 870

IMG_0095.JPG

Edit - Oh yeah, and I got my reloading setup done as well. It's been quite the Productive year so far!

IMG_0100.JPG
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I had been in the market for a Keltec p3at for a jogging/pocket/deep concealment/carry to and from girl friends house gun. Well today I saw one on my local gun forum for 215.00 and it came with a extra mag and galco pocket holster. I jumped on it. This is actually the type of gun I PREFER to buy used because someone else spent their ammo breaking it in and my local forum is BIG on reputation so it's a safe bet that your not going to end up with a gun with issues. This purchase actually finishes off my collection of defensive firearms. I have (with in reason) all my basis covered. From here on out it's pretty much going to be a matter of just buying stuff I think is "cool" or I just want. No more real need driven purchases. I'm a little sad honestly lol...

Here a pick of the p3at

IMG_0094.JPG

And here a pic of my collection

P3at
    G26
    G19
    AR-15
    Remington 870

IMG_0095.JPG

Edit - Oh yeah, and I got my reloading setup done as well. It's been quite the Productive year so far!

IMG_0100.JPG

Sure you have Rollo!!!! I've said that at least a thousand time!!! I stick to it, until something new comes out!!!

ccman and Badey like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You need something to defend yourself against birds, both the clay type, and the flying around during hunting season type.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

Sure you have Rollo!!!! I've said that at least a thousand time!!! I stick to it, until something new comes out!!!

Oh no... You misunderstand... I'm not saying I'm done buying guns... I'm saying I'm done buying stuff to cover my defensive needs :) Now it's time to start on my "Stuff I've always wanted but had other stuff to buy list! Like a totally tricked out 10/22, Commander 1911, 22 pistol of some kind, Kriss Super V Vektor, SBR AK-47, Something in .308, etc, etc, etc :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

You need a kel tec sub 2000 carbine that will take glock mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    You need a kel tec sub 2000 carbine that will take glock mags.
    I've actually been considering one as a "bug out" rifle because they are so small and would actually fit in the backpack I carry daily. But so would a SBR AK-47 with a folding stock... :)

Rollo, you have a very solid "Defensive Collection," but the question is... Is a "Defensive Collection" ever really complete?

I think not, my friend.

Someday, you'll come to the understanding that it is never complete. And you, like everyone else here, will continue to buy and tweak and add to your "Collection." It's a sickness. You can't control it. You will succumb to it... eventually.

But, we're here for ya! When you come back and show us your newest addition to your "Collection," as we know you will... we promise not to laugh.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I've actually been considering one as a "bug out" rifle because they are so small and would actually fit in the backpack I carry daily. But so would a SBR AK-47 with a folding stock... :)
    Well, that didn't last long... See! Already you're talking about needing a rifle for your "Bug Out" kit.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Looks great rollo! I have the 870, ar, m&p .45, m&p9c, annnnnnd now a side folding arsenal. Look it up its a slr 107f. they look awesome sbr too!

Looks like a good collection, still room for improvement though lol

I agree with Rollo. I have decent defensive firearms. Of course you can never have too many but it's a good start for me in just a year.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...date-3-12.html
    The next purchase, tomorrow or Thursday is just because it's gorgeous and I want it!
    Item:10766112 BERETTA USA CORP BER SPEC0523A 92FS 9MM 15RD REV TONE BERETTA USA C For Sale at GunAuction.com

But so would a SBR AK-47 with a folding stock... :)
    HotGuns has some really sweet SBR Ak's. Really sweet. I lust after them.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

I sense a critical lack of wheelguns in the Rollo Armory!
    Old School likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

That's like finishing a restoration on a 70 Judge.

You don't ever finish. Always something to tweak. Oh yeah, my new 229 Elite and M&Pc will be here this weekend. I'll snag 'em, and then NO MORE SIGS!!!! EVER!!!! Collection will be as I want it, a SIG for all occasions.

Yeah. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I sense a critical lack of wheelguns in the Rollo Armory!
    Actually...My mom has my SP101 :) But that does remind me. I need to put a full size wheel gun and lever gun on my fun list...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links