I just bought a Kahr CM9...Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly. - Page 2

I just bought a Kahr CM9...Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly.

This is a discussion on I just bought a Kahr CM9...Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The ugly for me was the difficulty I had in take-down and assembly: don't want to waste my time TRYING to get these two exercises ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I just bought a Kahr CM9...Tell me the good, the bad and the ugly.

The ugly for me was the difficulty I had in take-down and assembly: don't want to waste my time TRYING to get these two exercises to be simple and easy. So I sold it and got a Shield: Glock easy to do . Very happy with the S&W!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    the ugly: when you carry it iwb for a couple of weeks and it rusts!
    What rusts?
    I thought the slide was stainless steel!

Are other people experiencing rust?

Quote Originally Posted by CARRY365 View Post
    ... went to the shop today to lay some $ down on a Taurus TCP ... and ended up buying a Kahr CM9.
    Do a Google search for "Kahr CM9 problems," watch all the Kahr videos on YouTube. See what after market parts are available. Price the mags and make sure they're utterly reliable before buying. Then decide whether or not to fire it. Once you fire it, you own it.

I carried one for a good while as it was my first true ccw gun.

Good: accurate, easily concealed, visible sights, compact, lightweight, good feel, smooth trigger,

Bad: mags are terrible construction in general, recoil is very stout, loud is an understatement , the slide requires Popeyes strength to rack for us mere mortals, the trigger is very long, the sights are cheap plastic,

Some people are like slinkies.... There not really good for much, but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I prefer Kahrs with full metal frames, myself. I use a K9.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Educate YOURSELF. Go to KahrTalk Home. Read the stickys on the sub forums "PM's & CM's and the "kahr tech." You will learn how to properly prep your Kahr before shooting it. There is a wealth of information there. Most people that have problems with them are used to firing larger weapons. These are small weapons with very tight tolerances. They can be finicky if you don't know what you are doing. A lot of experienced shooter like to think they know it all and won't seek to learn declare the weapon junk and go back to shooting their cannons. Learn about them and you will not have issues. My PM9 still puts a smile on my face when I shoot it.

Stickies?

I read "Done with Kahr" first ... I couldn't find any stickies. [But I'm one who says that I will never own a Kahr, so don't put too much meaning into what I say.]

Oh.
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/
    Go to left corner, click "Forum".
    CM & PM Series Pistols
    P & CW Series Pistols

Usually I first hit the "Rating" button and read the highest rated threads as that is usually where all the best meat is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links