Video: Shooting the M&P Shield with XS Big Dot Sights

This is a discussion on Video: Shooting the M&P Shield with XS Big Dot Sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Video by James Yeager Shooting the M&P Shield with XS Big Dot Sights . ( Warning: There are two bad words at the very end ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Bark'n
  • 1 Post By cjacob316
  • 1 Post By Madcap_Magician

Thread: Video: Shooting the M&P Shield with XS Big Dot Sights

VIP Member

Video by James Yeager Shooting the M&P Shield with XS Big Dot Sights.

(Warning: There are two bad words at the very end during the outtakes so if you don't want to hear a potty word, stop the video when he wraps it up at 10:20 before the outtakes)

abillb, Spirit51 and crue2009 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I watched this earlier great video.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I am hoping they will do the standard dot. I find it just as fast and much more precise- my M&P9c has a Big Dot, and it's hard to stay on paper past about 50 feet.
    Rowe/Higgins 2016!

VIP Member
    I have the Big Dots on my XD9sc. It took a little while but I really like them. However, I think the new Trijicon HD sights are an improvement. Especially the rear sight. The front sight is more like the XS standard dots except instead of a white outer ring, they are either hi-vis orange or hi-vis yellow which make them really pop and draw your eyes to them real quick.

I'm going to be putting the Trijicon HD's on my full size M&P and compare the two. Hopefully Trijicon will be making them for the M&P Shield before too long.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

they share the same dovetail, you can use M&P sights on the shield
    Bark'n likes this.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I have the Big Dots on my XD9sc. It took a little while but I really like them. However, I think the new Trijicon HD sights are an improvement. Especially the rear sight. The front sight is more like the XS standard dots except instead of a white outer ring, they are either hi-vis orange or hi-vis yellow which make them really pop and draw your eyes to them real quick.

I'm going to be putting the Trijicon HD's on my full size M&P and compare the two. Hopefully Trijicon will be making them for the M&P Shield before too long.
    I like the U-notch rear in the Trijicon HD sights, but I don't like the $150 price tag...
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Rowe/Higgins 2016!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

I'll be very interested in your comparison report.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

great video .......if you engage a gunfight at 50ft you need to ask yourself should you've been there in the 1st place ? Like the video says 3ft 3sec 3shots , close & quick . Thats what this gun is designed for close and quick . The big dot only helps that if you have the time to get yours up to eye level. Use and practice what the intended use & design was made for . Carrying concealed with a rapid ,accurate response in a close ,fast & short distance . End of lesson

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    I watched this earlier great video.
    Me too..good stuff
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

[QUOTE=Bark'n;2242324
    I'm going to be putting the Trijicon HD's on my full size M&P and compare the two. [/QUOTE]

Will be VERY interested in hearing your results of this. I am sure I am not the only one. I am hoping you can find some time to try and post your findings.

Sponsored Links