M&P Shield vs. M&P 9c

M&P Shield vs. M&P 9c

This is a discussion on M&P Shield vs. M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i'm sure the M&P shield will prove to be a real hot seller for Smith & Wesson for obvious reasons..thinner,upgraded trigger,smaller and more positive thumb ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: M&P Shield vs. M&P 9c

M&P Shield vs. M&P 9c

i'm sure the M&P shield will prove to be a real hot seller for Smith & Wesson for obvious reasons..thinner,upgraded trigger,smaller and more positive thumb safety,single stack..etc if/when S&W begins installing some of these upgrades to the entire M&P line, especially the newer trigger would you still prefer the Shield over the M&P9c..

Me personally? No. This is because I don't consider the Shield a sub compact because the grip is longer then a 9C so It's not as concealable which is my primary focus for a gun like the shield. the .018 of an inch in width makes no difference (to me) in terms of concealment.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The more I get re-used to carrying my M&P9c, the less sure I am about buying a Shield. It is fatter, heavier, and less comfortable, but it also has four more rounds, and, well, I already own it.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I've never handled the Shield, and have only been CCing my 9c for a few weeks now, but I had it IWB while rolling around on the floor painting baseboards all night last night and it never bothered me the first time. Although I love the idea of the Shield, I can't see justifying it. It is a great price-point though, so who knows what the future will hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Me personally? No. This is because I don't consider the Shield a sub compact because the grip is longer then a 9C so It's not as concealable which is my primary focus for a gun like the shield. the .018 of an inch in width makes no difference (to me) in terms of concealment.
    I thought it was more like a 1/4"+??? I feel the same but when it's hot the thinner gun does feel better.

sgb
    I have XXL mitts and the M&P 9c with the small back strap is at the limits of small for me. However it's at the limits of large for my Mrs XXS hands, she's wanting to try the shield and I think she's going to like it a lot.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    This is because I don't consider the Shield a sub compact because the grip is longer then a 9C so It's not as concealable which is my primary focus for a gun like the shield.
    I think this could be the Shield's undoing. It's sort of in the no man's land between subcompacts like the LC9 and compact double stacks like the 9C.

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    I think this could be the Shield's undoing. It's sort of in the no man's land between subcompacts like the LC9 and compact double stacks like the 9C.
    That is where it falls in. Better trigger (and much more enjoyable to shoot IMO) than an LC9 but slightly longer. Better trigger, thinner, and lighter than a 9C but slightly longer. A worthwhile tradeoff, especially if you like the M&P platform.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by beararms View Post
    Better trigger (and much more enjoyable to shoot IMO) than an LC9 but slightly longer. Better trigger, thinner, and lighter than a 9C but slightly longer. A worthwhile tradeoff, especially if you like the M&P platform.

The two are compared at about 2:50
    ironmike86 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post

The two are compared at about 2:50
    I was going to post the same Vid but you beat me to it ;)

I, regretfully, traded my M&PC for a Glock 26, but I liked the Smith while I had it. Now I have a Shield and like it better than the bigger model except for the smaller mag. capacity. It conceals well( I have it in a Bear River Holster which was made for my G26, and it fits perfectly!), is light and shoots like a dream--- feels like a larger gun-- and fits my hand very well. All in all, I like it better than the M&PC and I really liked the C! This model will be around for a long time.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I, regretfully, traded my M&PC for a Glock 26, but I liked the Smith while I had it. Now I have a Shield and like it better than the bigger model except for the smaller mag. capacity. It conceals well( I have it in a Bear River Holster which was made for my G26, and it fits perfectly!), is light and shoots like a dream--- feels like a larger gun-- and fits my hand very well. All in all, I like it better than the M&PC and I really liked the C! This model will be around for a long time.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

I have both the M&P 40c and Shield9 and the Shield carries 110% better. Anyone who says they don't need the 1/4 inch, etc needs to try it for 1 week. I bet a majority would stick with it.

World of difference when you carry it IWB. And don't get me wrong, I still carry my 40c in winter time or when going to so-so area
    IMG_20120425_155202.jpgIMG_20120425_155235.jpg

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    The more I get re-used to carrying my M&P9c, the less sure I am about buying a Shield. It is fatter, heavier, and less comfortable, but it also has four more rounds, and, well, I already own it.
    Seven hours later I have made a liar of myself with a shiny new M&P Shield.
    Sledge and Philly Boy like this.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links