M&p9c and me not gettin along

This is a discussion on M&p9c and me not gettin along within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys and gals. Help a guy out. I bench rested my gun and it shoots well but unrested Im pulling low and right no ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fastk9dad

Thread: M&p9c and me not gettin along

Ok guys and gals. Help a guy out. I bench rested my gun and it shoots well but unrested Im pulling low and right no matter what palm swell I use. Ive had a friend shoot it and he does well and I shot his m&p with apex trigger in it and Im shooting the same low and right. No matter what I do I cant seem to mesh with this pistol. I shot my friends xdm and low and behold I can at least hit somethign with it. I have about 2 to 300 rounds thru it now. I think the front site is a little high to because if I bring it up Ill put the rounds to the right of the bulls eye. Im at my wits end with this pistol. I really want to like it because it runs flawlessly and I like the looks and feel of it. If I cant seem to workout this issue Ill probably sell it and go to something else. Sorry to be long winded but this is driving me nuts. Ive never had a pistol out of the box I couldnt hit didily squat with. Thanks for any input and tips. Stay safe Sixgun

Distinguished Member
    Well if you shot your friends in the same manner than it's likely not the gun, plus you confirmed it works ok from a rest. It's probably just grip or trigger finger related, either too much trigger finger or you are tightening your grip as you pull the tigger moving the gun off sight. Try loosening your grip a little, put just the pad on the trigger and pull very slowly and let it surprise you. If you've got too much finger and pull fast it could throw it off. Also follow through, keep the gun on sight, don't try to drop the gun and look over it to see if you hit anything. Shoot, let it recoil, come back on sight, then look at your target.

6216d1253542827-adjustable-sights-shooting-20problems.jpg
    oneshot likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

VIP Member
    ^THIS^^^^^^^^^ is what

I was going to show you..

Try to work with this chart to start, and if still not getting the right results, contact a shooting instructor.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Pull tip of trigger finger straight back with follow up until it stops even after the bang. Don't quit until you get at least 4/5 rounds near center line. If all else fails aim high and right. It is not the M&P a real fine handgun.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Shoot it off hand and see what groups you get JMO ; ) PS My bone stock M&P groups great for a combat gun
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Shoot it off hand and see what groups you get JMO ; ) PS My bone stock M&P groups great for a combat gun
    H/D
    I have been shooting offhand and its grouping ok but I cant seem to stop shooting low and left. Im a little frustrated.

Have someone video you while you shoot. I realized I was shooting low because I was anticipating recoil. Not a flinch - I can easily shoot with both eyes open and unblinking - but almost a pre-emptory push on the gun to work against the recoil. No way would I have known that without a camera or trained eyes watching me shoot. They might not be your specific problem, but it's worth a look to see if there are any other things causing your shots to go low. I suspect something in the way you manage the trigger.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    I have been shooting offhand and its grouping ok but I cant seem to stop shooting low and left. Im a little frustrated.
    In your first post you said
    Im pulling low and right
    . It makes a difference - which is it?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    In your first post you said . It makes a difference - which is it?
    Oooops sorry its low and right. The aggravation is taking its toll on me.

I'd check out this video on YT, it might help: YT_OpSpec Training Thoughts_On Grip Pressure_1080p. It talks about the Glock but don't know why it wouldn't pertain to any gun that's not a revolver.

If it's something that interests you and other YT vids you know you'll watch over and over again or just want to keep for later, I'd suggest downloading a program called JDownloader if you already have Java 6 or 7 installed. It's a great program and will grab all the available ways to dnld the Youtube videos, ie. 480p, 720p... in .flv, .mp4 or .webm and choose what you want. Just start it up when you need it. Of course then use VLC Media Player 2 or Media Player Classic (both free) as I used to run into problems with Win Media Player (don't use anymore)

Links