M&P9 range impressions

M&P9 range impressions

This is a discussion on M&P9 range impressions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I finally took my brand new M&P9 that I've had since around the middle of March to the range today and ran 300 rounds ...

Thread: M&P9 range impressions

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

M&P9 range impressions

So I finally took my brand new M&P9 that I've had since around the middle of March to the range today and ran 300 rounds of some sort of mil-surp 9mm ball ammo through it. I forgot what the gun store clerk said about where the ammo came from but said it was non-corrosive. I had my target up at about ten yards which is about the distance I practice at with handguns. To keep it short its about as boringly reliable as my Glock 19 but fits my hands better and I got 3 full magazines into the head of one of them splatter zombie targets. Reacquiring the sight picture was easy shot after shot, with my Glock 19 I sometimes have to move the gun around a bit to get the front sight in line with the rear sight. I had an old McDonalds cup carrier in my car so I shot that up at 25 yards and the thing bounced around over and over as I shot it LOL! I think the M&P9 is going to become a carry option for me. There's nothing bad I can say about it other than I wish magazines were a little cheaper but oh well. I give the M&P9 a 9.5 out of 10 only because the magazines cost 40 dollars a piece in my area. I could maybe get them cheaper online but the shipping will always kill me.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

How many mags came with the gun? Does S&W still offer the two free mag mail in deal?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    Two magazines came with the gun, I wasn't aware of any mail in thing for free magazines. I know S&W offered that with the M&P15 rifles back in 2009, you could get 5 free Pmags or the ten round aluminum mags if you live in a state where standard mags are prohibited by law. I always carry two spare magazines with any semi auto.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    The M&P platform is fantastic.

Here is a good place to purchase M&P magazines at (any magazines for that matter). I have purchased from him several times and have always gotten good service with fast shipping.

44MAG.com - Smith & Wesson

Sponsored Links