M&P 9mm Pro

This is a discussion on M&P 9mm Pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I have a FS 9mm and would like to know if the Pro 9mm is worth ...

Thread: M&P 9mm Pro

M&P 9mm Pro

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I have a FS 9mm and would like to know if the Pro 9mm is worth getting also? Is it a better trigger and is the longer sight radius a big difference? I am thinking if the pro is a better gun but serves the same place in the rotation I would sell the FS I have now and get the Pro. Any help would be appreciated.
    Frank.

2. Remove Ads

Nobody has a M&P 9mm Pro? Well, thanks anyway.
    Frank.

Well I own a M&P9L so I have experience with the 5" sight radius. Got mine new and the trigger was crappy so before I even shot it I got the Apex FSS & Trigger and put in the parts to get it down to 3.0 lbs., love the trigger. The Pro's do have better sights though which is very nice, I just black out the two dots in the back so I have one white dot up front.

I shot the M&P9C and M&P9 FS 4.25" numerous times at LGS. I ordered the M&P9L within weeks after I shot the M&P9 FS and M&P9C together at a mfg gun reps shootout show. The longer sight radius is a little noticeable but not too much. However I do not shoot IDPA or USPSA as I just shoot for fun, so I don't transition fast to other targets. If you are going to do the above then I'd say get the Pro for sure. However the Apex FSS & Trigger kit is a lot better than the standard Pro, however that is supposed to be a noticeable improvement over the regular M&P's. The S&W rep guns had a lot of rounds through them so the triggers were good. However I knew I wanted a great trigger and pre-ordered the FSS and was very glad I did. My M&P9L came with a very gritty trigger, which I could of smoothed out on my own with 1500 and 2000 grit sandpaper (did anyways), and then wait to get to the "1000 round trigger job" and it would of made it decent enough, but really wanted that FSS & Trigger.

Now I'm leaning the other way and selling my M&P9L (FTF in MN Only) and getting the M&P9 FS or maybe the M&P9C. I won't get the Pro 4.25" one though as I will get the FSS & Trigger installed in it and would rather save the money towards the Apex kit, of course having the better sights would be nice. Of course if I had the money then I would just keep the 9L and get the 9 FS right away though. Then eventually the M&P9C, 9 Shield, then maybe even a Glock G17 4th Gen if they get the extraction problem fixed (shot it and had a lot of problems with that).

Links