I bought a Nano!

I bought a Nano!

This is a discussion on I bought a Nano! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was headed to Academy Sports to buy a Sig Sauer P290, but saw a Beretta Nano. I compared the two and chose the Nano. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By brianalisa

Thread: I bought a Nano!

I bought a Nano!

I was headed to Academy Sports to buy a Sig Sauer P290, but saw a Beretta Nano. I compared the two and chose the Nano. I liked the simplicity and feel. I usually polish the trigger and hammer sears on all my guns, but it was so smooth I opted to leave it alone. I got a Galco Tuck n Go that fit well and a pocket holster. So far I love it. I will take it out and put a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend and post my thoughts. Here's to hoping it lives up to my expectations. I plan on it being my new summer carry. If it does well, I may be selling my S&W 642 with Crimson Trace grips...lol.

I am also curious as fo how others are carrying their Nano. PS, I like pics ;-)

Looking forward to a range report.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    if you get another, name them Mork & Mindy

than your best bet for a holster would be egg shaped

I FINALLY found a Nano locally. A bit more expensive than some places on-line. At least I was able to handle it. Now my problem is get a Nano, or an XDs...

Quote Originally Posted by ktulu92fs View Post
    I FINALLY found a Nano locally. A bit more expensive than some places on-line. At least I was able to handle it. Now my problem is get a Nano, or an XDs...
    Neither-get a LC9 and you won't have to worry about size or reliability!
    Philly Boy likes this.
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

I decided against the LC9 because of the metal shavings issues. Love the Mork and Mindy joke. Brings back my childhood...lol

I have a Nano and like the design and concept of the gun overall. Mine went back to Beretta for a ramp and chamber polish plus a new extractor. So far it has been trouble free. I am now experimenting with different reload formulas.

I carry mine in a IWB Blackhawk #8. Since the photo below, I have added a Talon grip, I find that it greatly improves handling and feel of the gun in my hand..

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I decided against the LC9 because of the metal shavings issues. Love the Mork and Mindy joke. Brings back my childhood...lol
    Hmmm... did you ever figure out what was causing the shavings. I haven't heard that ever being an issue. Hope you were able to resolve it before you sold it.
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

I looked at a Nanno at the range/gun shop yesterday. They seem to be pretty decent and the prices aren't bad, but I think I'd want to shoot one before taking the plunge.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

and ya'all talk about glocks being ulgy... wow

I found out about the LC9 issues before I bought it. And I like ugly guns. If its ugly to me then it ought to be downright terrifying to a BG!

Quote Originally Posted by I_Carry View Post
    I have added a Talon grip, I find that it greatly improves handling and feel of the gun in my hand..
    +1 for the Talon Grip, big difference. I carry mine in a Hidden Ally by High Noon Holsters.

Hidden Ally
    GaJoe1950

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    I found out about the LC9 issues before I bought it.
    Hmmm.... you probably should have done a little more research as you missed one of the best (if not THE BEST) pocket pistol out there!

Sponsored Links