Lc9 report

This is a discussion on Lc9 report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally got a chance to shoot my new LC9 yesterday. Put 250 rounds of American Eagle 115g FMJ, 7 rounds each of Hornady Critical Defense ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lc9 report

Lc9 report

Finally got a chance to shoot my new LC9 yesterday. Put 250 rounds of American Eagle 115g FMJ, 7 rounds each of Hornady Critical Defense 115g, MagTech 115g and Winchester 147g STX without a hiccup. Gun fired flawlesly. Accuracy is another story. At 20 feet you can put every round in center mass but thats about it. I'm sure that will improve with practice. I tried to notice the trigger pull but found it not to be an issue. Overall I would give it a big thumbs up. Now.......of to clean it!

Dono
    Buckj likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Glad you like it! Every time I pick up an LC9 I think I should purchase it. They sure feel good in my hand.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

i would agree,the lc9 is a nice little 9mm,besides the looong trigger pull,which is ok if it didn't have so many unnecessary safeties..nice pick and congrats.

Like the LC9 so much I have two.
    Mag safety is easy to remove if you don't like it, cost nothing to do.

I've had an LC9 for a few weeks and have taken it shooting both at an indoor range and outdoors. I also love the look and the feel and have never had an FTF or FTE. I think your accuracy will improve with practice. Mine is not as accurate (for me) as my Glock 27, but it is still pretty accurate. My accuracy improved with each time I took it out.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    After around 1000 rounds, I was able to get consistent and tight groups with the LC9. Give it some time.

As others have mentioned, removal of the mag disconnect safety is fairly straightforward, and once you do that, the trigger improves a bit and assists with accuracy.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

My LC9 is in my pocket right now. Love this gun
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.

I shot one a few day's ago at the range. Another guy was there with it and he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it. He was out of ammo for it and he was telling me how inaccurate the gun was. I ask can I shoot it a few round's with my ammo, my first thought's it was going to have recoil like my wife's S&W 642 that I can shoot pretty darn well. After the first three round's I got a feel for the trigger and was able to shoot a two mag group at around 3 inch's at 21 feet. I really liked the little gun and I'm thinking about one for my wife along with a Sneaky Pete holster for it.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

I just traded mine today. I bought a M&P Shield and just shoot it much better. The LC9 was a reliable pistol but I didn't need it any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Like the LC9 so much I have two.
    Mag safety is easy to remove if you don't like it, cost nothing to do.
    I have one and am contemplating a 2nd as well! I don't know of another pocket 9mm (or .380 for that matter) that has as many happy customers, the many amenities all the other pocket guns attempt to provide and as few complaints!
    Question on the safety dis-connect: does it affect the gun in ANY way negatively and how do you do it?
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by brianalisa View Post
    I have one and am contemplating a 2nd as well! I don't know of another pocket 9mm (or .380 for that matter) that has as many happy customers, the many amenities all the other pocket guns attempt to provide and as few complaints!
    Question on the safety dis-connect: does it affect the gun in ANY way negatively and how do you do it?
    Well, if anybody knows how to do the magazine disconnect, I would be interested in directions. I picked up my 2nd LC9 this morning, took it home and gave it a good clean & lube and put 52 rounds of 115 Gr. target ammo. through it and it shot perfectly! I will put another 100-150 rounds through it tomorrow and probably the same on my original LC9.
    Talk about reliable, well-made guns!!
    "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 Good parenting can happen ONLY through Jesus!

Brianalisa, there's a couple video's on you tube to remove the mag disconnect.
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by brianalisa View Post
    Well, if anybody knows how to do the magazine disconnect, I would be interested in directions. I picked up my 2nd LC9 this morning, took it home and gave it a good clean & lube and put 52 rounds of 115 Gr. target ammo. through it and it shot perfectly! I will put another 100-150 rounds through it tomorrow and probably the same on my original LC9.
    Talk about reliable, well-made guns!!
    this is the best vid i have found for the lc9 mag disconnect

Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Correct Removal in Detail - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    this is the best vid i have found for the lc9 mag disconnect

Ruger LC9 Magazine Disconnect Correct Removal in Detail - YouTube
    Thanks...........

This something I have been looking for.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

My LC9 has been very reliable but I've found it a little big for pocket carry (for me) and if I'm going to carry IWB I may as well stick with the XDM that I'm more comfortable shooting. My brother in law is getting a great deal on a used LC9...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links