A bittersweet moment for my G19 and I

This is a discussion on A bittersweet moment for my G19 and I within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Glock 19 has been my EDC gun since 2007 and just recently I purchased an M&P9 FS. I took it out to the range ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Klash545

Thread: A bittersweet moment for my G19 and I

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

The Glock 19 has been my EDC gun since 2007 and just recently I purchased an M&P9 FS. I took it out to the range last Thursday and couldn't believe how accurate I was with it even at 25 yards. I blew through 500 rounds of 9mm including a mag of carry ammo without any issues. I was making a McDonalds cup carrier bounce around like a bouncy ball at 25 yards, something that takes a little more effort when I use my G19. I drilled out the head on one of them zombie splatter targets at 10 yards. Follow up shots with the M&P are quick and I'm kicking myself for not buying an M&P sooner. I'm kind of sad to say the G19 has been taken off EDC status and moved to the safe and the M&P9 is my new EDC gun. I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck for it and should be here in a month or so. I'm not getting rid of the G19 but it won't see much carry time. Thank you S&W for making it a bittersweet moment for me and my beloved Glock 19. Now I'm looking at getting an M&P45. I'm fairly certain I found the perfect carry gun for me. The one thing M&P may never have over the Glock is the availability of factory 33 round magazines!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

M&Ps are good,American guns. congrats! S&W got it right with these semiautos,they're winners.
    kmagnuss likes this.

I understand where ur comin from, ive a a G19 Gen3 since it was a new production gun & havent carried in so many years (except while hunting, cause i wont carry my Kimber in the woods) i feel bad for it sometimes...lol
    I keep it only because i can use it if i feel i may get Dirty or Wet. You can always count on a Glock to go BOOM
    Iam with u on the M&P too, its grip feels properly angled while shooting. A friend still has a M&P-9c that i sold him (which was still practically brand new at the time...i just got the .45 bug) to help pay for my Kimber UC2 a few years ago & i still shoot it from time to time....Excellant weapon

FYI...The Crimson Trace grips for the M&P line are excellant (replaces your backstrap)
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

As a Glock owner I can say I enjoyed shooting M&Ps. However I think I'm just better with my Glock. IMO, carry what you're best with.

I've owned 2 M&P's shortly after they first came out. I had a hard time getting used to the stock trigger and didn't want to modify the trigger on a carry gun. M&P's are fine pistols, so if you can make it work for you, that's great. I'll stick with my Glocks and Kahrs.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    I've owned 2 M&P's shortly after they first came out. I had a hard time getting used to the stock trigger and didn't want to modify the trigger on a carry gun. M&P's are fine pistols, so if you can make it work for you, that's great. I'll stick with my Glocks and Kahrs.
    Could you elaborate on not modifying your carry gun's trigger? I think I know why but I would like to know your thinking. Have you not changed the connector on your Glock? Thanks.
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." ~ Clint Eastwood

"I hope this changes."

Because it has the potential to cause too much liability. What I mean is that you would have to convince a jury as to why you know better than the gun manufacturer, as to what parts should be in your gun. The manufacturer makes it that way for a reason. Once you change trigger parts, you better be able to justify why you did that. No, I do not change the connector on my carry guns. The stock Glock trigger is just fine. I've learned to shoot it. Practice.

Listen to this podcast for more info on why you probably don't want to lighten the trigger on your carry gun, 022 Light Triggers The ProArms Podcast
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Congrats on your new pistol
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

VIP Member
    Congrats. It's great when you find something that really works for you. The G19 will still be there for you, when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandgunWorld View Post
    Because it has the potential to cause too much liability. What I mean is that you would have to convince a jury as to why you know better than the gun manufacturer, as to what parts should be in your gun. The manufacturer makes it that way for a reason. Once you change trigger parts, you better be able to justify why you did that. No, I do not change the connector on my carry guns. The stock Glock trigger is just fine. I've learned to shoot it. Practice.

Listen to this podcast for more info on why you probably don't want to lighten the trigger on your carry gun, 022 Light Triggers The ProArms Podcast
    That's what I thought. Thanks.
    "It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." ~ Clint Eastwood

"I hope this changes."

Sponsored Links