Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD Table Top & Shooting Review

This is a discussion on Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD Table Top & Shooting Review within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've started carrying the SHIELD and Ironically I almost had to pull the other day. Here is my Table Top and Shooting Review of the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD Table Top & Shooting Review

I've started carrying the SHIELD and Ironically I almost had to pull the other day. Here is my Table Top and Shooting Review of the SHIELD.

Nice videos. I especially appreciate the focus on the trigger. Thanks for sharing.
    In the heat of the moment, what matters is what your body knows -- not what your mind knows.

I took my new Shield to the range for the first time today. I shot some 115g WWB, 115g Fiocchi FMJ, and Federal 147g HST. All worked perfectly.

I was shooting low and to the right, but that is me not the gun; my wife shot it too and she was dead on.

That brings me to my big mistake, letting her shoot it. She REALLY likes the Shield. I may have to buy another or face losing mine.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

cj
    Nice to see, but how can you drop "Ironically I almost had to pull the other day" without a followup?

And I have to agree on the recoil handling...I first got mine out to the range right after shooting an IPSC match with a full-size M&P and was fully expecting more of a battering, not the typical smooth M&P recoil that the Shield maintained.
    Jgutta22 likes this.

Great review and insight about the new M&P shield. I have both the fullsize M&P9 and M&P357Sig/40S&W and both fit me perfectly so much so I EDC the M&P357Sig with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip.

Quote Originally Posted by mfcmb View Post
    I especially appreciate the focus on the trigger
    Very correct. The trigger is worlds better than the original M&P triggers. Just wish I could get the same trigger in my M&P 40C now

PS: great videos, you spend time on them and it shows

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Nice report! I'm very much interested in this firearm, and you've helped me get closer to a purchase. I only have to decide which gun it will replace.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

[QUOTE=cj;2246834
    And I have to agree on the recoil handling...I first got mine out to the range right after shooting an IPSC match with a full-size M&P and was fully expecting more of a battering, not the typical smooth M&P recoil that the Shield maintained.[/QUOTE]

the same happened to me.. I went to the store/range, got my shield and shoot it side by side with my m&p9 FS.. I was expecting more recoil and I almost almost didnt feel the difference... maybe with some +p or 147gr could be more noticeable...but feels smooth...

Nice review, Thanks a bunch.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Fine review of a new compact with great potential. You were very well prepared and did a fine job of presenting the information in a clear and concise manor. Well done and welcome to the forum!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    Nice to see, but how can you drop "Ironically I almost had to pull the other day" without a followup?

And I have to agree on the recoil handling...I first got mine out to the range right after shooting an IPSC match with a full-size M&P and was fully expecting more of a battering, not the typical smooth M&P recoil that the Shield maintained.
    lol...Guy approaches me in the parking lot asking a random question. I walk the other way and he follows. I motion towards my gun and he gets the point and does an about face in the other direction.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I wouldn't say the trigger is tons better than the original M&P trigger. I think it's about as good as one of the original triggers that has had a 1k round trigger job.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Great vid- thanks. I love my Shield and it fits just fine in a Bear River holster that I had made for my G26, no problem.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRudolph View Post
    I wouldn't say the trigger is tons better than the original M&P trigger. I think it's about as good as one of the original triggers that has had a 1k round trigger job.
    Including reset? no

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ping.brady View Post
    Including reset? no
    Well, I suppose the reset is better on the new trigger, but it's not as much better as S&W was bragging. And honestly I never had a problem with the reset on the regular M&Ps, so maybe it's just not something I'm particularly sensitive to.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links