Got into trouble away from home......

This is a discussion on Got into trouble away from home...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Out of town today for work so i stopped by southwest firearms in phoenix just to browse. Saw a M&P shield on the shelf looked ...

Thread: Got into trouble away from home......

Got into trouble away from home......

Out of town today for work so i stopped by southwest firearms in phoenix just to browse. Saw a M&P shield on the shelf looked up and saw a 10/22 TD on the wall. Wow!

I ended up overpaying and taking the 10/22 with me. This thing is perfect for me. I wanted a second .22 for the appleseed shoot my son and i are attending in june, and i wanted a take down rifle that would fit in my travel pack. My AR7 was too fat in the stock and didnt like me so it didnt fill the role.

Now i can carry a quality survival/hunting .22 with me in my get home/overnight bag, yippee!

Also this version seems much heftier than the standard version i have at home. More weight in the barrel for sure and the receiver as well i think. The bag that ships with this was kind of nice and may actually be useful, lots of practical storage space. I was pleasently surprised at the quality( think XDGear and realize this is a nice step up from there). Ruger also got a shameless plug in for a pocket labeled as ideal for your SR22 pistol.

I left the m&p in the store, i realized that my lc9 was actually a fair bit smaller when i put them side by side. Plus budget considerations and marital tranquillity moderated my liberal use of the family funds.

Pictures to follow when i get back to a real computer. The 1022 fits perfect in a Kelty redwing pack.

Sent from my iPad

2. Remove Ads

I took a look at the 10/22 TD this weekend too. I don't have the funds to buy one now but it is a pretty cool gun. I'm not a mechanically inclined guy and even for me the process of breaking it down or reassembling it are not a challenge.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Looks like a good option,I have an AR7 and even tho its a great back pack gun,it is somewhat limited with iron sights and 8 round mags,the 10/22 TD can be packed around with a scope and one or more 25 round mags for taking small game at greater distances when in survival mode
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links