Just swapped my G23 for a G19

This is a discussion on Just swapped my G23 for a G19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not long ago I acquired a Glock 26 for my wife's primary carry gun. For 3 years my EDC has been a Glock 23... However, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Just swapped my G23 for a G19

Just swapped my G23 for a G19

Not long ago I acquired a Glock 26 for my wife's primary carry gun. For 3 years my EDC has been a Glock 23... However, after buying ammo for both guns several times ($$$), I decided to trade in the G23 for a buddy's G19 to save on ammo by buying 9mm in bulk.

All of my holsters will fit the G19, and at least this way I can use the G19 mags in the G26. Also, I've read that strings of rapid-fire follow up shots are easier to keep on target with the softer recoiling 9mm.

I hope it was the right move... I loved my G23.

**note: All guns are Gen 3, and I am aware than you can buy a .40 S&W-to-9mm conversion barrel for around $100.

2. Remove Ads

I made the switch about a year ago, 23 to 19----27 to 26
    sure is cheaper to shoot, and good 9mm S/D ammo is fine with me.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Yeah, I have some 134 grain Hornady Critical Duty that seem to punch some pretty good holes where I point them.

VIP Member
    I think you made a good move.
    ron8903 likes this.

I sorry you feel that way; the G23 is a great weapon. if you wanted to you could have just bought a lone wolf conversion barrel and a 9mm mag and you could have shot 9 mm and still have the 40 cal for CCing

A smart move to standardize cartridge and mags, especially for the primary SD guns being of same lineage.

Sure, you give up some stopping power but a 9mm+P ain't nothing to sneeze at.

I made the same move a couple of years ago but I kept my G23 when I added the G19. I have zero regrets! I bet you won't either.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

VIP Member
    Caliber, caliber, caliber.....

If something is moving more than a few feet per second, I DO NOT WANT TO BE HIT BY IT!

Shoot what works best for your needs.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I'd say that you did just fine, for a number of reasons.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

have a G19, a G32 and a G23. Carry and shoot the G19 the most....its my little "black" friend.
    RonCo likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I have a G 19 and love it. You'll forget that other what was it in no time
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I owned a 23 and currently own a 19. I carry a 26. All in all I prefer 9mm. Cheaper to shoot. Higher capacity. Fast follow up shots. And 147g federal HST is a AMAZING round with great expansion and good penetration. It's my go to load for both my 9mm's.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I ran 2 mags through the G19 when I got home and I must say... I think things are gonna be okay

I've got the Gen4 22,23, and 27 and I'm planning on buying the 9mm equivalents soon due to ammo prices. Yes, I know I can buy conversion barrels, but I'd rather just have 3 more guns. You can never have too many.

My G19 has some upgrades and 10 mags( eight 15 rds. and two 31 rds--- can't have 33 in Ohio); it's my bedside, range and sometimes carry gun and feel I could do without the other guns(of course, I don't want to!) and be very well armed for just about anything. You simply can't go wrong with the Gen. 3, G19.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links