M&p9c problem

This is a discussion on M&p9c problem within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was having issues with my m&p9c and was shooting low and right with it. I had a friend look at it and the rear ...

Thread: M&p9c problem

M&p9c problem

I was having issues with my m&p9c and was shooting low and right with it. I had a friend look at it and the rear site was far right. We moved it to the left and it put the rounds where there supposed to go but now I have a vertical stringing on the target any reason this is happening. Im still working with snap caps and dry firing. I think im slowly getting used to the gun. Im going to give it a little more time and see if it works out. we will see how it goes. Have a great day everyone.

2. Remove Ads

Did you ever have a hand gun that you could shoot straight or is this your first hand gun?

Could your friend shoot it straight?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

trigger control,shoot slow fire from a rest and if your rounds group in a little circle then it's you.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

From a rest I can shoot fist size groups at 15 yards. Others have shot it and can shoot it better than me. And sig35seven sir this is not my first handgun. I just like the looks and feel. But I guess looks are decieveing. I have a bersa thunder 380 a kel-tec p-32 ruger 22/45 and an xd springfield I shoot all of them well. I guess its time to give up and go back to the xd platform or something else. I just dont seem to mesh with the m&p series. Live and learn I guess.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    That's kinda weird... A lot of people like the m&pseries I think if you practice more it will start to like you more... Iris one of the most hand fitting pistol on the market right now... The ergonomics get an A+ in my book
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    OP, have you tried interchanging the backstraps?

If you can't solve this "problem", will you consider selling/trading it?
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    OP, have you tried interchanging the backstraps?

If you can't solve this "problem", will you consider selling/trading it?
    Yes Ive tried the different backstraps and the same thing. Im going to work with it a bit and see what happens. If I cant get this issue ironed out I will sell or trade it. I should have just got the xdm 3.8 compact like I wanted to begin with but this one was cheaper and is a good gun but maybe its not meant for me.

The vast majority of the time the problem is not with the gun. I'm sure after a few more range trips, you will be used to the gun and shoot it just fine. If not im declaring dibs right now haha.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Next time at your LGS... have the gunsmith gauge the trigger pull. My first M&P (fullsize) was a Massachusetts compliant 10lb trigger with 10rd mags. I'm telling you consistency was out the window (if I could hit the window!) with the sight picture upset during trigger brake. Sent it to S&W for there action job (pre apex) and it made all the difference in the world for accuracy. Those that shot it said It was the best m&p trigger they've tried.

New (non mass compliant) trigger pull should be around 6 to 6.5... a $40 Apex hard sear should drop it in the 4 to 4.5 range and help with sight picture upset. I'm seriously thinking about doing the DCAEK kit on my M&P 9c, the triggers not bad but a more positive reset and reduced over travel should help.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Links