Glock 30 question

This is a discussion on Glock 30 question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I noticed that they make a 9 round mag for the Glock 30. It looks almost flush fit similar to the 26. Does anyone know ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Glock 30 question

Glock 30 question

I noticed that they make a 9 round mag for the Glock 30. It looks almost flush fit similar to the 26. Does anyone know if that 9 round flush fit makes the 30 the same height as the 26?
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

2. Remove Ads

Rollo - I put my G30 next to my G26, and even without a mag in it, the G30's grip is longer than the G26's.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Rollo,

Why do you ask? What are you thinking about doing?

Curious...

ret
    injunear and AZJD1968 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have the G26 and G30sf also......

I didn't get my calipers out to measure, but when I pulled the magazines from both pistols the G30 was maybe 1/4 inch longer in the stock than the G26. I use the 10 round mag in my 30 and the 12 round extended mag in my 26 and looking at the pistols with these magazines inserted, the 26 is just a hair longer than the G30.

I saw this picture when I was just browsing around so I started considering the G30 as a another possible carry option.

http://glennmoller.com/gpics/G30_5.JPG

I had a PT145 I really liked other than the manual safety. It was actually really light for a double stack .45 and shot very well. It was a lot of fire power for the size. The problem is though (and you probably already know this) that I refuse to change my wardrobe for my EDC. A G26 is as long in the grip as I can get while still concealing well without having to go up to a large shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Rollo,

Why do you ask? What are you thinking about doing?

Curious...

ret
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I thought about the 30 but went with a 36.
    BugDude likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

change the cant angle and you should have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I saw this picture when I was just browsing around so I started considering the G30 as a another possible carry option.

http://glennmoller.com/gpics/G30_5.JPG

I had a PT145 I really liked other than the manual safety. It was actually really light for a double stack .45 and shot very well. It was a lot of fire power for the size. The problem is though (and you probably already know this) that I refuse to change my wardrobe for my EDC. A G26 is as long in the grip as I can get while still concealing well without having to go up to a large shirt.
    What holster are you using for your G26? The G30 is .58 of an inch taller then the G26, I assume that is with the 9 round magazine.
    --Jason--

If I add to much cant then it just prints from the front instead of the side and back.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    change the cant angle and you should have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What holster are you using for your G26? The G30 is .58 of an inch taller then the G26, I assume that is with the 9 round magazine.
    A Tommy Thesis. I'm very happy with it.

A couple of things......

If you are considering carrying the G30, I'd leave it stock. I wouldn't lighten the trigger or make any modifications beyond adding night sights. I actually shot a Glock 30sf and Glock 36 side-by-side before making my decision to get the 30sf. The 36 had more muzzleflip and smaller capacity (i believe 6+1 vs 10+1). I was more accurate at all distances with the 30sf and it fit my hand very well......so I went with the 30sf. Also, the 36 had some problems initially and didn't seem to me to be as reliable as the 30sf. I think Glock may have worked through the issues now on the 36.. I never added an extended slide release.......I'm left handed and just slingshot the slide to get back into action. As far as weight goes.....sure, there are a couple of 45's out there that may be lighter....I think Kahr makes one. But the 30sf only weighs 26.5oz unloaded. That's very light and competitive with other 45 manufacturers such as Smith & Wesson (Military & Police models) and Sprinfields XD-M series. I also have a Colt Lightweight Commander 45 which weighs 27 oz. When it comes to a 45, I think I'd prefer a little extra weight anyway to help mitigate the recoil. I don't think you can go wrong with the Glock 30sf........go shoot one and see for yourself. Best regards......
    RETSUPT99 and AZJD1968 like this.

Rollo,

I agree with MLittle above.
    I have both the '36' and the '30SF'.
    I keep the Glock-36 as my EDC and it is serving me very well.
    That said, I have actually been CCing my Glock-30SF around and find it to be almost like my Glock-36. I'm trying to break in my new holster for it.
    I would also keep it stock, other than night sights. The 36, the 30, and the 26 are all equally easy to conceal.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

los
    The G30 is arguably the quintessential hi-cap 45acp concealed carry piece in current production.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Maybe a day late and a dollar short, but here's a pic showing the size difference.

The G26 is on top, 9 round magazine in the G30 on the bottom.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kanati View Post
    Maybe a day late and a dollar short, but here's a pic showing the size difference.

The G26 is on top, 9 round magazine in the G30 on the bottom.
    Thanks! That's EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links