Taurus PT92 = PIECE OF JUNK

This is a discussion on Taurus PT92 = PIECE OF JUNK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wonder how many negative cliche responses against Taurus will be made in this thread from people who've never so much as shot one, let ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Taurus PT92 = PIECE OF JUNK

I wonder how many negative cliche responses against Taurus will be made in this thread from people who've never so much as shot one, let alone owned one.

If this were a Glock, SA, Kimber, Beretta, etc, etc, etc the only thing in this thread would be:

'I sent it in, can't wait to get it back.'

'It can happen, they'll make it right!'

But because it's a Taurus the haters will crawl from under the woodwork for this one. I wonder how many were sold by Taurus that never had an issue, and are running strong daily... yet one person makes a post that there's a problem and bam, Taurus is a POS company and everyone jumps on the bash bandwagon.

2. Remove Ads

Not trying to pile on but you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Every company has some QC issues, but you hear of them way too much with brands like Taurus and Kel Tec.

I've never owned a pistol from either company but I'd probably take a Hi Point over a Taurus.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I've had two. A PT140 that ended up being a $300 paper weight. Also had a snubbie revolver of some sort from them and it honestly looked like they did the machine work with a rock. I'm not kidding. I'm glad there are many people out there who bought an inexpensive firearm... for me (and thousands of others) it wasn't worth the 'bargain'.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I wonder how many negative cliche responses against Taurus will be made in this thread from people who've never so much as shot one, let alone owned one.

If this were a Glock, SA, Kimber, Beretta, etc, etc, etc the only thing in this thread would be:

'I sent it in, can't wait to get it back.'

'It can happen, they'll make it right!'

But because it's a Taurus the haters will crawl from under the woodwork for this one. I wonder how many were sold by Taurus that never had an issue, and are running strong daily... yet one person makes a post that there's a problem and bam, Taurus is a POS company and everyone jumps on the bash bandwagon.

Th PT92 was the Only Taurus I've ownded & shot well, bought it used in '82', Shot the snot out of it & have'nt had one lick of trouble out of it. While I still sold it, I have no idea & it shot great. Oh well, You win some & loose some, Good Luck with new one ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Anyone company that sells a product that breaks within 30 rounds, is a company that DESERVES to be bashed...

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MP9NewMexico View Post
    Anyone company that sells a product that breaks within 30 rounds, is a company that DESERVES to be bashed...
    That list would be a lot longer than you'd care to believe...
    Chevyguy85 and Idahokid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    That list would be a lot longer than you'd care to believe...
    Yep. Fortunately for the other manufacturers it doesn't happen nearly as much as with Taurus.

I've owned 3 Taurus guns, two of the pt92s and a .38 snubbie. The first pt92 was a great gun. The snubbie would only fire 3 of the cylinders. I sold it to a guy for cheap who was gonna send it back to taurus. I don't know how that one turned out. The second pt92 would have a malfunction about 1 round out of 50. I sold it as well. My brother has one of the taurus .44 mags that is a great gun.

I'll stick with Glocks and M&Ps for carry guns.
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

My Taurus PT145 is not very reliable and it's basically slated to be traded at a local pawn shop for something else; either a Springfield 1911 or Glock.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

ok, i must be fair. I also have a well used Taurus PT99 in 40 cal that I picked up used on a trade and it's a good shooter. I suppose if I could buy a Taurus at a good price, after test firing it, i'd be more convinced. But i'm over the phase where I try to save $50 to $200 a pistol and I just go for the top shelf items when i can.
    candalos likes this.
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus.
    This^ I really don't understand why anyone who has done even the minimum of research on guns would buy a Taurus. They have been crap since their beginning and they aren't getting any better. Oh I know they are inexpensive but save your money for a decent brand and forget all the drama inherent with Taurus.

I would never discount anyone's bad experiences, mainly because when I have one nothing anyone says changes my opinion of that (fill in the blank) POS I had a bad time with.

That said...I guess I'm just lucky. I own Glocks, Taurus', and S&W. Thousands of rounds through most, and at least a thousand through each and I've had 2 malfunctions...TOTAL. and they were both bad rounds, proven out by reloading into different magazines, different guns of same caliber, etc... to confirm. 2 Taurus pistols (740, 738) as reliable as all Glocks and revolvers. Go figure. I've seen people trash Glocks for not being reliable, Taurus, etc... I guess that means every mfg makes a lemon occasionally and that everyone should share their personal experience ONLY rather than pass judgement on an entire mfg...especially if they have no personal experience with the product, but only heresay on gun forums.

The OP has shared his personal experience, and I appreciate the heads up on your situation. The general/generic hate absent an individual's personal experience is just white noise.
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

It's not the gun it's the shooter, Oh wait this isnt a glock post. I hear ya I would sell it sucks your loosing money cause there crappy product.

I rented a Taurus Millenium Pro in .40 at a range last year. I really liked it, and strongly considered buying one. But as I began to do my "due diligence" and research it online, I found so many reports of experiences like yours that I gave up on the idea. There were lots of positive reports, too; but overall the reviews were so mixed that it seemed like buying a Taurus was like flipping a coin when it come to QC issues. Those odds aren't good enough for me. Too bad since, like I said, I really liked the gun.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I have owned 50 plus handguns during my adult life.

S&Ws, Colts, SIGS, Springfield, mil surp commie guns , etc.

The ONLY guns I ever got rid of for bad quality were 2 Taurus pistols.

mqqn likes this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links