Glock vs Springfield XDm

Glock vs Springfield XDm

This is a discussion on Glock vs Springfield XDm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at a couple new pistols, .40 for me and 9mm for my son. Primary use will be IDPA and some carry. Lookng at Glock ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock vs Springfield XDm

Glock vs Springfield XDm

Looking at a couple new pistols, .40 for me and 9mm for my son. Primary use will be IDPA and some carry. Lookng at Glock and/or XDm, but have never fired either one. Would appreciate it if anyone could give their impressions of the two and comparisions. Thanks

GLOCK!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Both are good guns. They have different grip angles for one thing. The XD has a grip safety which I don't see the need for but, a lot of new shooter like for comfort of an extra safety. I'm just a Glock guy.

There simple, safe, and reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Both are good guns as said before. It comes down to personal preference. The XD fits my hands better than the Glock so I like XD's. The XD does have a slightly higher bore axis but it is not enough to worry about. Get what fits your hand the best and enjoy!

I think you will find the Glock is what many of the top IDPA people shoot. But, the S&W and the Springfields are in there also, so follow the advice given above. It'll boil down on what pistol feels the best to you. If you have friends that have the two pistols, ask them to take you shooting so you can see how you do with each. Plus, some gun ranges have pistols to rent. Check with them to see what they have for you to try.

Good luck in your hunt and stay safe shooting,
    Vv

Glock more reliable and XDm for accurate-I own both.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The XDm felt more natural in my hand. It points/aims better for me. My brother says the same about Glocks for him. You really need to just try them both side by side and see which you shoot/like better.
    Walk softly ...

Two each their own. I'm a Springfield man.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

I have the Glock 19c with a Haley Strategic Springer trigger, and the XDm 3.8 9mm with Springer Precision trigger.. They both have fitted and polished barrels/ramps, as posted above the grip angle is very different, you can not change the back strap on the Glock to fit your hand like the XDm, so it comes down to how it fits you.. I can carry both comfortably in my Versacarry, or Remora Holster.. I don't shoot competition so don't know what they bench, but I can shoot sub 1 1/2" at 15 yards taking my time with the ammo I reload on both guns.. IMHO the Glock has the worst trigger out out of the box, but shoots more accurate, the XDm is unforgiving if you don't set it up right, but feels better in my hands. So if you can't shoot them first? At least hold them and do a little dry fire to see how it feels, comfort is more important to me, practice will make either just as accurate in the right hands after you get them set up how you want it. Have fun be safe and good luck!

Well IMHO they are both good guns, Used to not like GLOCKS but after owning some and replacing the trigger to a crisp 3.5lbs trigger pull It grew on me to like it, Xdm's have good stock trigger out-of-the box compared to a glock, glock 23 and 19's are a tad lighter to carry than a say 3.8 XDm's , just FYI I have owned ( I trade a lot ! I mean stupidly sometimes but that's a different thread) a couple or 3 of both and they both performed the way it should..

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I have an XD45 compact,Glock22 and a Glock 27. All are fine pistols. My advice is just which feels better
    In your hand. I lean more to the Glocks
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'm partial to Glock. That being said, there's nothing at all wrong with the XD's. They are good shooting guns. I would try to rent/borrow both and then decide.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    XDM won me over, to each their own.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowJS View Post
    Looking at a couple new pistols, .40 for me and 9mm for my son. Primary use will be IDPA and some carry. Lookng at Glock and/or XDm, but have never fired either one. Would appreciate it if anyone could give their impressions of the two and comparisions. Thanks
    Like the others have said, at least go hold them, but in actuality, you really should shoot them.

Take the time and expense of renting them (or borrowing them from friends/family): I always compare buying guns to buying a car - you wouldn't buy a car without test-driving it first, would you? Then why wouldn't you do the same with a gun, particularly with one which you may stake your life or that of your loved ones' on?

Yes, I own both.

I chose the XDM3.8 .40 because of the grip safety and the option to use the compact 11 round or extended 16 round mag, depending on the occasion. I've bad it just over a year and I have nothing bad to say about it.

I have nothing against Glocks either. Being a new shooter with little ones around I felt better with the extra safety.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links