Glock mods

Glock mods

This is a discussion on Glock mods within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The new 19 shoots well, better than I thought it would. No malfunctions, and the grip angle sets the sights up well for me. But ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Yoda

Thread: Glock mods

Glock mods

The new 19 shoots well, better than I thought it would. No malfunctions, and the grip angle sets the sights up well for me. But it chewed up my knuckle plenty good. However, I found that there are oufits that do mods, and specialize in Glock. They can do a "trigger guard undercut." This will supposedly cure what seems to be known as Glock knuckle. I'm not gonna do this myself with a Dremel and sandpaper, for if I screw it up it's on me. Have read about an outfit called Glockworx that sounds promising. Any other suggestions? I fear I may learn to like the gun that I swore to hate. For a plastic eyesore, it surely runs smooth.

I am not familiar with glock knuckle problem. My gen 2 g19 is unmodified and comfortable as a well worn glove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    candalos likes this.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Did mine with a dremel. Worth doing if you are having an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I am not familiar with glock knuckle problem. My gen 2 g19 is unmodified and comfortable as a well worn glove.

Likewise

Never heard of "Glock knuckle" myself. I'm one of those who favors adapting to the pistol rather than adapting it to me. I have been known to put smooth triggers in all of my Glocks however. If there is ever any need for a drastic change, try working on your grip and methods first. Just my opinion. But.....if you need to make what's best for you even better, then you should pursue the options available.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    The new 19 shoots well, better than I thought it would. No malfunctions, and the grip angle sets the sights up well for me. But it chewed up my knuckle plenty good. However, I found that there are oufits that do mods, and specialize in Glock. They can do a "trigger guard undercut." This will supposedly cure what seems to be known as Glock knuckle. I'm not gonna do this myself with a Dremel and sandpaper, for if I screw it up it's on me. Have read about an outfit called Glockworx that sounds promising. Any other suggestions? I fear I may learn to like the gun that I swore to hate. For a plastic eyesore, it surely runs smooth.
    I did the dremel on my G26 and G19, honestly not that big of a deal. Just go slow.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Is this only a problem on grips with finger grooves? On my glock 19 grip my pinky is under the mag so the fingers are not crammed under the trigger guard.

Yoda, I am, yes.

I have five Glocks...never heard of Glock Knuckle, no need to modify anything on my Glocks except for the night sights.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lord, I hate to sound like a whiner. But it is real for some of us unlucky guys. Every other handgun I have handled fit OK. I think it'll be OK with the trigger guard mod. I guess it's common enough if the aftermarket Glock guys offer it. Heck, even C Hawk said he modded his. I buy my clothes to fit, my truck to fit, and my boots to fit. If a gun I want doesn't fit just right, I'll have it set up so that it does.

I didn't think a G19 recoils hard enough to give finger/hand problems. No problems with my G19, not even with my G32 in .357Sig or shooting .40SW out of it (extra barrel).

Can't say I have ever heard of it nor experienced it either.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Posted here Glock knuckle

Yoda, I am, yes.

Ooooooo! Ouch! I could see something like that putting range practice on hold for a few weeks. Seeing that and holding my G23 just now, I'll bet I know where the problem originates.

Sponsor

Lightbulb Yep, we see it a lot...

This photo was taken on my range during a class:

glockknuckle-1.jpg

Here's a link:

Glock knuckle

Over gripping is the main problem:

OVER GRIP.JPG

Proper grip is essential in preventing it. But I also find that the round back strap on the Glock is a contributing factor. When your hands get sweaty, most students slip around into over grip during sustained fire:

OVER GRIP CORRECTED.JPG

Stippling or aggressive texturing really helps:

BARB 19 REAR VIEW.JPG

As does a flat back strap mod:

BARB 19 CLOSE UP GRIP.JPG

And the most important mod is a hi-cut radius under the trigger guard:

G19-3-2.JPG
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Sponsored Links