Beretta Nano!?

This is a discussion on Beretta Nano!? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any trigger time with the new Nano? I'm recommending some Gina to my Dad to carry and I've thought about recommending this gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Beretta Nano!?

Beretta Nano!?

Anyone have any trigger time with the new Nano? I'm recommending some Gina to my Dad to carry and I've thought about recommending this gun to him. Wanna know the pros and cons. I've held one at Gander Mtn and wasn't to impressed but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Fondled one at my LGS... kinda boxy IMHO... I felt like I was holding a small Volvo with a trigger and was also not impressed. It might be an excellent pistol, but it's not for me.
    Thunder71 and OldVet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    Fondled one at my LGS... kinda boxy IMHO... I felt like I was holding a small Volvo with a trigger and was also not impressed. It might be an excellent pistol, but it's not for me.
    Hahaha. "Volvo with a trigger." Perfect description. As long as you're talking about a 90's Volvo.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Hahaha. "Volvo with a trigger." Perfect description. As long as you're talking about a 90's Volvo.
    Yep... you know the ones... big, square, usually red.

VIP Member
    babyhulk likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I was researching the Nano since a friend was thinking of a .380 for pocket carry and I wanted him to look at a 9mm option.

I did find comments of failure to feed (FTF). Some mention that it prefers fully loaded 9mm and also the heavier bullet weights (125gr, 147gr). Sounds like it probably needs to be well broken in to reduce friction and to work the recoil spring some. I don't think it is a gun to be bought and shot only with a couple boxes of ammo before using for SD. Now a Glock 26 I trust but it is a bigger gun.

Not a bad price for the Nano compared to some of the other pocket 9's. If I was looking for a pocket 9, I'd take a good look at one.

One of my best friends just bought a Nano so I'll relay some first hand experience once I shoot it.

I like my Beretta Nano..

Round Count:
    1,625 rounds of 124gr 9mm FMJ Winchester NATO (white box)
    100 rounds of 147gr 9mm JHP Winchester Personal Protection (white box)
    150 rounds of 115gr 9mm Federal American Eagle
    25 rounds of 124gr 9mm JHP + P Winchester PDX1
    45 rounds of 124gr 9mm JHP + P Gold Dot (my carry ammo)

No failures to report but like you can see for the most part my Nano is on a diet of 124gr rounds ... basically same weight that I carry.

I have some Talon Grips on it and 30% of the time carry it in a pocket holster and the rest in an IWB Theis Holster. That's one thing I like about it, I can pocket carry (when using cargo pants) or IWB without too much trouble...

Thanks

kal0
    jasgo and ANGLICO like this.

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Anyone have any trigger time with the new Nano? I'm recommending some Gina to my Dad to carry and I've thought about recommending this gun to him. Wanna know the pros and cons. I've held one at Gander Mtn and wasn't to impressed but I'm happy to be proved wrong.
    Personally, I have nothing but good to say about Berettas. But, since your avatar is a Kahr, you'll probably understand when I say that if I'm going to carry 6+1, I'd have to go with my CM9. It's noticeably smaller, and comparable in quality.

If I'm willing to put up with the larger size of the Nano, I'd go ahead & pack the Shield with 7+1. It's a tad bigger than the Nano, but not so much you'd be likely to notice. Have to admit, though - I'm a new Shield owner, and I'm still on the honeymoon! Sure love this little gun! FWIW...

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kal0 View Post
    I like my Beretta Nano..

Round Count:
    1,625 rounds of 124gr 9mm FMJ Winchester NATO (white box)
    100 rounds of 147gr 9mm JHP Winchester Personal Protection (white box)
    150 rounds of 115gr 9mm Federal American Eagle
    25 rounds of 124gr 9mm JHP + P Winchester PDX1
    45 rounds of 124gr 9mm JHP + P Gold Dot (my carry ammo)

No failures to report but like you can see for the most part my Nano is on a diet of 124gr rounds ... basically same weight that I carry.

I have some Talon Grips on it and 30% of the time carry it in a pocket holster and the rest in an IWB Theis Holster. That's one thing I like about it, I can pocket carry (when using cargo pants) or IWB without too much trouble...

Thanks

kal0
    Thanks Kal0. Do you know of any grip extensions for the Nano? I've seen in other threads that the Pearce Grip made for Kahr 9mm's works well for this gun but I'm more interested in a grip extender explicitly for the Nano.

I have the Nano. I really like the size. Accuracy is great. The trigger is DAO and a little long with a long reset but I can live with that.

I had about 2% FTE for the first 500 rounds and then sent in to Beretta. They replaced extractor and polished the chamber. 300 rounds later I've had 0 FTE.

It seems some have no problems and others have the 2% FTE like me.
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    I have the Nano. I really like the size. Accuracy is great. The trigger is DAO and a little long with a long reset but I can live with that.

I had about 2% FTE for the first 500 rounds and then sent in to Beretta. They replaced extractor and polished the chamber. 300 rounds later I've had 0 FTE.

It seems some have no problems and others have the 2% FTE like me.
    Thanks zxd9. I'll pass that along about the FTE's. I've heard that from 2 other guys as well. Hope Beretta gets a handle on that ASAP.

Gina? Is she hot?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Probably not if she's driving a Volvo lol.

No Nano for me. Too many mixed bag reviews.

C'MON GLOCK MAKE A POCKET 9 ALREADY.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

I finally took mine out to shoot and had no issues. I did however polish the feed ramp and chamber before going as I always do with a new gun. I read that it was supposed to be used with heavier ammo so I bought both 115gr and 147gr to see if I could get it to malfunction. Sorry to tell you I had none.

I did most of the shooting at 20 feet or so and was dead on easy. Just for kicks I tried it at 25 yards and was about 4 inches off the center either low or to the right. All off hand. Not bad for a tiny little gun that was designed for short distance self defense. I am satisfied and it will now be my summer carry piece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links