What does your Wife or Significant other like to shoot? - Page 7

What does your Wife or Significant other like to shoot?

This is a discussion on What does your Wife or Significant other like to shoot? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My beautiful wife of nearly 45 years just likes to shoot period. I bought her a .22 rifle our first Christmas together. She carries a ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What does your Wife or Significant other like to shoot?

My beautiful wife of nearly 45 years just likes to shoot period. I bought her a .22 rifle our first Christmas together. She carries a SIG P238 or M&P 9C, but is comfortable with .22 shorts to .45 ACP or LCs. She out-shoots both me and her LEO son with any handgun--but then so does my 14 year old grand daughter. Not bad until she does it at the range in front of other "professionals" friends.

Sunday, we were at the our range with several kids and grand kids and she shot a new Springfield Armory 1911 loaded SS in 9 MM and I may have to give it to her. She has shot the Colt automatics all these years, and this is the first one she called pretty. In our family shooting is a family thing and sometimes she is the one to suggest we call the kids and meet over at the farm to shoot. I thank God for this woman every day.
    Adameeski and bigdog44 like this.

Mine is not big into shooting, but she has her .38 snubby that she's fired. She keeps it on her all day.

We did get her to fire an M-1 Garand. After two shots, she was done! Too much recoil for her.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog44 View Post
    Funny you speak to this. I was just viewing an episode of Downrange TV where this was just the topic. So many want to get wives and girlfriends small dainty guns but as my wife will also agree. They are hard to handle and can bite!! She is a big fan of the SA EMP 9mm. I think it is more hers now than mine.
    i'm a bit surprised that the 9mm Springfield Armory EMP wasn't mentioned more often in this thread. good size for 'average' female hands (IMO), light trigger pull, moderate recoil. perhaps cost ($1,000+) may have something to do with this. i know that I would love to have one.

My wife likes revolvers, specifically .38 Special. It's what she carries, what she likes and what she trusts. I cast some lightweight 105 grain lead SWC bullets pushed by 2.7 grains of Bullseye for a really lightweight load. Her and the god/daughter shoot those in the K-frame revolvers, plus I have them shoot at least one cylinder-full of them through their Airweights just to stay in practice with trigger pull, aim and point of impact.

The god/daughter is expressing serious interest in getting into the semi-automatics, though. I've worked up a light 9mm load that cycles reliably for her.

I'm a wheelgun man myself and with the exception of my beloved 1911's, I prefer wheelguns over semi's any day.

JD
    Author of Above Reproach, the new thriller that unequivocally positions the Second Amendment and concealed carry as our nation's most effective system of homeland and personal security.

currently? she loves her 'Lady' P238. In the past 10 months she has owned a P32, S&W 642, LCP & Sig P238.

But if anyone at the range offers her ANY weapon to shoot, she takes the opportunity to shoot it.

Yesterday, she finished off her ammo and came to get some of mine ...

sent from my sending device

Comfort is important,if she likes it that much,and really feels comfortable with it,I would suggest that you could probably work out the carry issues. After all is said about the "right gun for her" she's the one that will have to use it if the need arise.

My wife shoots her own G26 and her own AR15. I just got a shotgun, so I expect she will like that, too.

I'm the one that carries 24/7 in our family. As a 56 year old I still have no problem with the slide. I love
    the 1911 and carry on most of the time in a supertuck. But just got a Smith & Wesson Shield and love it
    for in the pocket or in the waist band. I think she would love the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by ab4ux View Post
    But just got a Smith & Wesson Shield and love it
    for in the pocket or in the waist band. I think she would love the Shield.
    I am trying to find my wife a Shield. I got on a list, but there are 50 people ahead of me.
    NRA Life Member

GOA Member

My wife has really taken to my G19. I can hardly carry it anymore because everytime I try to leave the house with it she says, "You're not taking MY Glock, are you?" She is also very fond of shooting skeet with my Benelli Supernova.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum ~ Μολών Λaβέ
    HK45c, Kimber Pro CDP II, Gen3 G19, Gen4 G19, Colt LE6920, Benelli SuperNova
    "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

GSG 1911 and Browning Buckmark. Plan on getting a Charter Arms Lavender Lady in .38SP for her birthday.

Donnie D

Other than the ones she already showed you. My wife would carry anyone of my .45's if she could carry it comfortably.. That's one area that open carry here in Texas would help on besides the legal side, being able to carry what you would like to without printing or accidental exposure.. I hope they pass it now that Oklahoma has, it would be nice.

My wife likes shooting more than I do. This from a self acknowledged Woodstock attending Hippie of the 60's. A much more mellow soul now, she will stand toe to toe with anyone and hold her own shootingwise. Her choice of handguns is a S&W M&P-9, currently carries a Kahr CW-9. But as of Friday, she will be carrying a Shield which I am giving her for our 25th Anniversary.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

Little lady likes cannos

My wife - all 5 feet of her wants to carry my S&W 625 -JM. She shoots it so well it's scary. However I've talked her into a Smith 60 .357 w/ a three inch barrel.

My Wife of 30 years loves to shoot anything I am shooting. We go to the range together most of the time. She owns her own guns including; FN-9(racks easier than our Glock),S&W 642, S&W Governor (won't let me change the grips), AR-15. She claims our 30 year old S&W 19-2 is her "trusty dusty". She bought the Governor with out even telling me she was going to buy it and shoots nice groups with it in all three cartridges.

37Pack

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Links