Rob Pincus is no fan of sub-compact 1911's

This is a discussion on Rob Pincus is no fan of sub-compact 1911's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Rob Pincus pointing out some reliablitiy issues with the seemingly flawed concept of a " sub-compact 1911 " Rob Pincus on Sub-Compact 1911s for The ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Rob Pincus is no fan of sub-compact 1911's

Rob Pincus is no fan of sub-compact 1911's

Rob Pincus pointing out some reliablitiy issues with the seemingly flawed concept of a "sub-compact 1911"

Rob Pincus on Sub-Compact 1911s for The Truth About Guns - YouTube

2. Remove Ads

I didn't know that was a big secret... some have issues, others don't, luck of the draw I guess.

I think the issue is the fact that some of the little guns are pretty darn sexy, and for those that cut their teeth on the 1911 platform they can be almost unresistable.

BUT... It would suck to be $1000 deep before you realize you essentially have a very attractive paper-weight.

VIP Member
    But think of the failure-drill expertise that you get.

In all seriousness, my 3" 1911 runs fine, but it's the balance that I take issue with. It's fine for target shooting, but when doing what it's supposed to do, which is draw and shoot under pressure, it just doesn't naturally point quickly or accurately for me. It's the worst draw/shooter that I own.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    But think of the failure-drill expertise that you get.
    Ha, I'll "simulate" that experience thanks!

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Who is Rob Pincus, and why is he telling me what my 3" 1911 is, or is not, capable of?

Mine runs just fine, thank you. Now you can go back to being a YouTube expert........

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by RonCo View Post
    Rob Pincus pointing out some reliablitiy issues with the seemingly flawed concept of a "sub-compact 1911"

Rob Pincus on Sub-Compact 1911s for The Truth About Guns - YouTube
    Some of them can look pretty good, but.... yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by kahrcarrier View Post
    Who is Rob Pincus, and why is he telling me what my 3" 1911 is, or is not, capable of?

Mine runs just fine, thank you. Now you can go back to being a YouTube expert........
    He's a bit more than a YouTube expert... I.C.E. Training | Home He just puts his videos up there to share.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Who's Rob Pincus? (seriously, I have never heard of him).

sgb
    Not a Pincus fan, but he is correct in that the shorter a 1911 gets the more prone the platform becomes to malfunctioning.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

my friend had a colt officier in a 45. he had a hard time grouping it at 7 yds. i shot it really well and i have large hands. i`ve been looking for a used one for years! it never jammed. it was stainless steel. i thought he paid to much for it at the time. but it shot good.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    `I used to have a Colt 1991 compact , essentially an officers' model. Loved it. It shot everything and never had one failure. Carried really well, and was not hard to control. I'm still kicking myself for getting rid of it! I think the 3.5" barrel makes the difference.

well no wonder....it was a Kimber. D'oh.

I know a couple of shooters that have Springfield Armory Loaded Ultracompacts (Officers Model) and carry them daily and swear by them. My Champion LW Operator is as reliable as any full size I've handled.

....and I'm sure Rob Pincus is well qualified to tell all of us 1911 Officers Models suck.....buy I choose to make my own buying decisions regarding firearms. A Springfield Armory Loaded Ultracompact is on my short list.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Having met Rob I highly respect his no punches attitude when it comes to training and telling people the truth they just don't want to hear.

Also his Combat Focus Shooting curriculum is amazing. If you ever get a chance take one of the CFS classes, he has instructors all over the US. It will change how you carry and make your really realize what your failure point is.

I ran a compact 1911 (Smith and Wesson ES) and it had two major failures in the class. I sold it when I got home.

I run a 4" Kimber as my daily carry, according to most "internet experts" I should have died by now.
    zonker1986 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Clint Smith who owns & runs thunder ranch for something like 30 years has always disliked the shorty 1911's.
    Having seen thousands & thousands guns & shooters fire thousands & thousands of rounds down range I believe Mr. Smith knows what he is talking about. So much as I would love to own a 3 inch 1911 I just can't bring myself to trust that platform..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links