First FTE in my M&P .40c

This is a discussion on First FTE in my M&P .40c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So for the first time since I bought the gun brand-new, I had a failure to eject. I've put a few thousand rounds through it ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paaiyan

Thread: First FTE in my M&P .40c

First FTE in my M&P .40c

So for the first time since I bought the gun brand-new, I had a failure to eject. I've put a few thousand rounds through it in the four years I've had it. Unfortunately I didn't think to get pictures but here's what went down. I was out in the sticks shooting with a buddy when I fired in the middle of a mag and it failed to go back into battery. Inspected the chamber and saw what looked like a round that hadn't gone fully into battery. Dropped the mag, racked the slide, no round ejected so I thought the one went into battery properly. Pulled the trigger. No bang. Racked the slide and an empty shell ejected.

I was shooting Winchester white box, which this gun has eaten its whole life. Didn't get to inspect the case as it bounced off a rock and went somewhere unseen. I fired a 100-round box that day. No other failures of any kind. It makes me sad. I've always bragged about this gun never failing once.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It happens. Mechanical things fail.

It's better to rely on yourself than the gun anyway.

Well that's a good part of the reason the wife and I are taking Krav Maga. When everything else fails, skills will still be there. Anyway. The M&P is still reliable in my opinion, though I'm going to throw a lot at it next time I take it out to prove that to myself.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

It could be the ammo... Every once in a while you get a bad round. I had one in my HK P30 the other day that was so under powered it didn't move the slide. I was lucky it didn't get stuck in the barrel.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Well that's a good part of the reason the wife and I are taking Krav Maga. When everything else fails, skills will still be there. Anyway. The M&P is still reliable in my opinion, though I'm going to throw a lot at it next time I take it out to prove that to myself.
    Getting some Krav Maga training is on my 'to do' list.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Getting some Krav Maga training is on my 'to do' list.
    "push up posistion....halfway down,and hold...."
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

Links