how many rounds through your LCR .38cal

This is a discussion on how many rounds through your LCR .38cal within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; how many rounds do you guys have through your LCR .38 ?..i'm going to the range this week to put more rounds through mine,only have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how many rounds through your LCR .38cal

how many rounds do you guys have through your LCR .38 ?..i'm going to the range this week to put more rounds through mine,only have about 150 through it so far..how many rounds before deeming the LCR reliable for every day carry?

For a revolver, about 5 to 10 is enough. Your more than good to go.

Zero rounds through mine. But that's because it hasn't shown up at my FFL yet.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

150 or so. Carry it all the time. Has at least that many dry fires as well.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Probably 400 or so. DC member AZchevy has roughly 1,200 through his last I read.

DC
    Less than 100 for mine. Dry fire is probably 250+. I carry it and I trust it.

I really need to hit the range soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    Probably 400 or so. DC member AZchevy has roughly 1,200 through his last I read.
    isn't his the .357 version?

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    isn't his the .357 version?
    That is correct.

My Ruger LCR .38 is my "I'm not carrying a gun" gun. So far I have shot 50 +/- rounds through it. No problem carrying it on those off days.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

3,000 thru mine........ It's in my left pocket right now....

Probably around 500 now. It takes some practice to become proficient with a snubby and since this is my EDC, I wanted to make sure I could draw, fire (accurately) and reload as quick as possible. It's still a slower process compared to any one of my semi's, but I've gotten pretty good with the LCR.

BTW.... The trigger requires absolutely no break-in whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishoot View Post
    Probably around 500 now. It takes some practice to become proficient with a snubby and since this is my EDC, I wanted to make sure I could draw, fire (accurately) and reload as quick as possible. It's still a slower process compared to any one of my semi's, but I've gotten pretty good with the LCR.

BTW.... The trigger requires absolutely no break-in whatsoever.
    is it really that great compared to the other snubbies? from the reviews i've read and watch, it seems to revolutionize the snub nose revolver. they say the hogue tamer grips really makes it fun to shoot. i had a taurus m85 ultralite titanium before and i sold it. it never had a problem but it was not fun to shoot and practicing with it was a pain. now i'm thinking of giving a snubby another chance.... maybe the LCR will be the snubby for me.

"Is it really that great compared to the other snubbies? from the reviews i've read and watch, it seems to revolutionize the snub nose revolver."

No, not everyone thinks it is really that great at all compared to other snubbies. It's trigger is garnering a completely unwarranted reputation as being superior when it really should be judged as inferior due to it's pull and mile of over-travel. The trigger is only good if one has very low expectations of a double-action trigger on a revolver. Cheap plastic and aluminum alloy may be the way of things now days. Convincing shooters to accept and consider that less is more is what is revolutionary about the LCR.

The LCR does serve to mitigate recoil quite well for a revolver of its size and weight. There are older designs out there that beat it though for shooting use.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "Is it really that great compared to the other snubbies? from the reviews i've read and watch, it seems to revolutionize the snub nose revolver."

No, not everyone thinks it is really that great at all compared to other snubbies. It's trigger is garnering a completely unwarranted reputation as being superior when it really should be judged as inferior due to it's pull and mile of over-travel. The trigger is only good if one has very low expectations of a double-action trigger on a revolver. Cheap plastic and aluminum alloy may be the way of things now days. Convincing shooters to accept and consider that less is more is what is revolutionary about the LCR.

The LCR does serve to mitigate recoil quite well for a revolver of its size and weight. There are older designs out there that beat it though for shooting use.
    I can only compare my LCR with a S&W M37 I used to own. IMO the LCR is the winner. The trigger is better, the Hogue grip makes shooting a little more pleasant and the weight makes it easier to carry. I don't seem to have the over-travel issue and happen to find the pull easy and very smooth. It will never come close to the M37 in the looks department and perhaps even the build quality department, but the fact of the matter is that it is built well enough, it's reliable and much more enjoyable to shoot than other snubbies I've shot in the past.
    bmcgilvray likes this.

With just over 50 rds. through mine, I have had no problems and carry it with no questions about doing so. It is not FUN to shoot, as far as I am concerned, but I am already getting better with accuracy and enjoying it more with each cylinder load. It is LIGHT, and WILL recoil, but I have my EAA 357 Windicator for fun with both38 sp. and +P.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links