3 Years and 8 Guns Later Finally Have My BUG... (Kahr CM9)

This is a discussion on 3 Years and 8 Guns Later Finally Have My BUG... (Kahr CM9) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For the past three years I have been looking for a backup gun to my Glock 23. I've gone through a KT P32, KT P3AT, ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By farronwolf

Thread: 3 Years and 8 Guns Later Finally Have My BUG... (Kahr CM9)

3 Years and 8 Guns Later Finally Have My BUG... (Kahr CM9)

For the past three years I have been looking for a backup gun to my Glock 23. I've gone through a KT P32, KT P3AT, KT PF9, Sig P232, Glock 27, S&W Bodyguard 380, and a Diamondback DB9. I've tried the LC9, LCP, S&W 642 and others. I've considered the Shield, PM9, Sig 238, Kahr 380 and others as well. None of them were right for me for one reason or another. I finally decided to purchase a Kahr CM9 and give that pocket blaster a try.

I took it to the range for the first time today. I ran a total of 200 rounds through her with a mix of WWB and Federal. I had one FTF on the second round in the first mag. This was actually my fault because I didn't have the first round in the the mag properly seated. After that it ran perfectly. Here is a pic of my first 35 rounds with the gun. All of the shot were slow fire (about a second per shot) standing with two hands from 21 feet.

I have to say, I couldn't be happier that my quest to search for the perfect BUG for me is finally over. This gun is accurate, reliable (so far), small enough to fit in my pocket, has good sights, slide lock, an awesome trigger, little recoil for such a small gun, and all at a reasonable price of $380 plus tax. I can easily shoot this a couple hundred rounds every range session.

Overall, the only thing I'll have to get used to is the trigger reset. I love how light and smooth the trigger is for a DA but it is going to take a little practice to get where I can run it as hard as I can my Glock. I'd also like to mention I racked the slide with an overhand grip over a dozen times and never had a single problem so far. I know the manual says to use the slide release but I don't do that with my Glock so I don't want to have to change for my BUG. May I ask what kind of issues are some seeing if they rack the slide manually rather than using the slide release?

Also, I have ordered a Nemesis holster for pocket carry but am likely going to look for an IWB as well. Any recommendations? I've also ordered a couple extra mags (6 rounders). I've heard people having issues when using the 7 and 8 round mags. Has anyone here had any problems with these mags?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Nice group
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    nice group and may i ask--did you buy on line and if so, from who?
    price local to me is diffferent.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Thank you gentlemen.

Claude - I actually buy all my firearms from a local guy here in Michigan.

Looks like you have found a good one.

As far as IWB holsters. Right now I am carrying my new CW45 in a Desantis Tuck this or Pro Stealth, simply because I had them already. Later this week I will be getting in a Remora holster and will be able to report on how it carries in it. Hopefully it will be a viable option for this light weight gun.
    AOK likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Links