An awful thing happened to my new Glock 19 today...

This is a discussion on An awful thing happened to my new Glock 19 today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...I grew to like it. A lot. Smooth, excellent sight aquisition. And man oh man, is it FAST! On target right out of recoil. Is ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By multistage
  • 1 Post By multistage
  • 1 Post By Badey

Thread: An awful thing happened to my new Glock 19 today...

An awful thing happened to my new Glock 19 today...

...I grew to like it. A lot.

Smooth, excellent sight aquisition. And man oh man, is it FAST! On target right out of recoil. Is headed to a guy for a few mods, and then it is the new carry gun. Knuckle is a bit sore, but JD's guy will fix that for me. Looks like a few more Glocks may be in the future.

P.S.- No Kool Aid was swallowed, not a fanboy, and SIGs still rule supreme.
    But I am starting to understand why the Glock geeks preach the way they do.
    JD and TX expat like this.

2. Remove Ads

I feel that same way about mine!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

You WILL own more than one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yup... Love mine, still hoping for a single stack though.

Congratulations sir.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    Obey your GLOCK!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Glock Geeks? I'll take that as a compliment......

If I lived in Michigan and wore three layers of clothes year round, I might consider a SIG for concealed carry. Until then, Glocks will ride with me in the heat of Orlando summers. A gun that
    will stand up to days in salt water with no ill effects laughs at my sweaty butt in August. Seen too many rusty SIGs in Florida to even consider one for carry.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Nothing quenches thirst like "Kool-Aid!",Don't sip,Guzzle it.

I grew to like my Glock after owning one, was always one of those "meh" items for me. Right now I can say I wouldn't trust carrying anything else.

I feel exactly the same way. Before I had a Glock, I never hated them, but I didn't love them either. I believe I told a friend once that a Glock was like a Toyota Camry - Relatively cheap and very reliable, but it would never be a Corvette. Fast-forward 5 years, and a G27 is my EDC, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I still don't drink the Kool-Aid - I think they are ugly as sin - but I respect them for everything they are. Maybe it is possible to pay Camry price for Corvette performance...

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    ...I grew to like it. A lot.

Smooth, excellent sight aquisition. And man oh man, is it FAST! On target right out of recoil. Is headed to a guy for a few mods, and then it is the new carry gun. Knuckle is a bit sore, but JD's guy will fix that for me. Looks like a few more Glocks may be in the future.

P.S.- No Kool Aid was swallowed, not a fanboy, and SIGs still rule supreme.
    But I am starting to understand why the Glock geeks preach the way they do.

Congrats on the new GLOCK 19, there is nothing better. What mods are you having done? I hope you are not fixing what is not broken.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

The Glock 19 is a home. Anything else is just a hotel or temporary residence. I figure there are some that might even deny owning a G19 for certain reasons, but have one for good reasons. Hey...it is what it is. I've been called a Geek, and I have also preached. Every time I see someone associate the term "kool aid" with Glocks I simply wonder why. The only thing I've ever associated "kool aid" with is the Jonestown tragedy. Look it up if you're too young to remember. Bad things can happen with "kool aid", but Glock has got thirst on the run! Drink at your own risk.

Look Zonk, no insult was intended. Glock geeks, SIG snobs, all the same. I love my SIGs, and am starting to love Glocks. We're all friends here.

BTW, if you are truly offended that I said Glock geek, keep in mind you called me a "SIG snob in the larval stage" not so long ago. Laughed all night over that. Should we meet, beer is on me.
    joker1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ...A gun that will stand up to days in salt water with no ill effects laughs at my sweaty butt in August...
    I can see the magazine spread now: "Get the gun that laughs at Zonker's sweaty butt!"
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Nice! I just picked up a Glock 19 today, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet.
    joker1 likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Links