Mother's Day Present for my wife.....

This is a discussion on Mother's Day Present for my wife..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, while not maybe a great Defensive CARRY gun (concealed carry that is), I bought my wife a Ruger Stainles Steel Single Six in .22 ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaplain Scott
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 3 Post By Sig35seven

Thread: Mother's Day Present for my wife.....

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Mother's Day Present for my wife.....

Well, while not maybe a great Defensive CARRY gun (concealed carry that is), I bought my wife a Ruger Stainles Steel Single Six in .22 LR with additional .22 MAG cylinder. She has always liked the old style SA revolvers........
    archer51 likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Works great for rat shot because otherwise there isn't enough kick to cycle a semi auto.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

VIP Member
    Excellent choice. That thing is a tank. I just got the blued version for my son for his birthday.

I liked it so much, I ordered a Vaquero for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Well, while not maybe a great Defensive CARRY gun (concealed carry that is), I bought my wife a Ruger Stainles Steel Single Six in .22 LR with additional .22 MAG cylinder. She has always liked the old style SA revolvers........
    Your not fooling anyone. Your just trying to get brownie points for fathers day so you can get that NightHawk Talon II Bobtail!

J/K
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Your not fooling anyone. Your just trying to get brownie points for fathers day so you can get that NightHawk Talon II Bobtail!

J/K
    Nah!!! (the ACOG for the LMT CQB)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Reminds me of the show 'The Simpsons' where Homer gives Marge a bowling ball for mothers day. Just in case Marge didn't like it he had his name etched into the ball.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Very nice. How much do those Ruger's go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Reminds me of the show 'The Simpsons' where Homer gives Marge a bowling ball for mothers day. Just in case Marge didn't like it he had his name etched into the ball.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. A gift for her that you get to play with too.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I'm pretty careful about trying to respect her "stuff" and really let it be for her......... (of course, she may not think I'm quite so good on that )

Blue Ninja: I paid in the upper $400 range......(but its cheaper than the saphire blue Kimber Ultra that I was going to buy......)
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post

J/K
    Man, if that would only work!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links