2nd range trip w/ LCR .38

This is a discussion on 2nd range trip w/ LCR .38 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; shot 50 more rounds through my .38 cal LCR from distances of 5yds,7yds,10yds..was able to keep all shots on target,even from 10yds,not easy though..the LCR ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By crue2009
  • 1 Post By sud123
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: 2nd range trip w/ LCR .38

shot 50 more rounds through my .38 cal LCR from distances of 5yds,7yds,10yds..was able to keep all shots on target,even from 10yds,not easy though..the LCR is accurate enough,especially for what it was designed for,up close personal defense.weighing only 13.5ozs,makes it a good choice for concealed carry.
    tkruf, RichB70 and Philly Boy like this.

I like my LCR also. I have the 38 model. Easy to carry and great for up close and personal. I also really have to practice with it vs my 9mm and 45. It's a different beast all together but still like it. I don't carry it everyday but do often when I just don't feel like strapping on a lot of gear. Keeps me armed.
    Philly Boy likes this.

Yesterday i finally got to hold and test out the trigger of an LCR....i want one !!

I collect snubbies and IMO the LCR is one of the best....great trigger out of the box and the grips do a good
    job controlling recoil. Are you shooting silhouette targets? Keep at it and you'll be pleasantly surprised at
    how well they'll shoot. Bear in mind, for defensive purposes you only need to be able to reliably hit an area the size of a large watermelon. I found it helpful to use light-recoiling loads for practice...if you don't handload, wadcutters or cowboy loads would be the ticket. Speer plastic practice rounds are fun too.

I have all three versions of the gun, .38, .357, and .22. I love the .38 and the .22, but the .357, unless it's loaded with .38's, it is too much recoil (way too much recoil). If Ruger were to come out with a .327 Mag version that would shoot .32 H&R Mag, 32 long and shorts, I'd buy one. If they came out with a .22 Mag version, I'd buy it too, and if they came out with a 9mm version that was designed so it didn't have to use moon clips, you bet I'd buy it.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I would also buy a 22mag version. I have the 38 and like it but the 22 mag would be perfect for my 71 yr old arthritic hands.

Rich

What's the deal with wadcutters? I've never used them-- are they good for practice? Also, I agree that my LCR is not "fun" to shoot, but I'm getting better at the range each time I go. When I started, my shots were all over target at 7 yds! It is a dandy gun and will be just fine with "UCAP" situations.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Commercial ammo with wadcutters are typically loaded light, as the wadcutter bullets are the target shooter's friend. Definitely useful for practice, although point of aim may be an inch or two off where your carry/duty ammo hits. The 130-grain FMJ ammo is a bit easier on the hand as well, and a lot easier to find than .38 WC.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links