Here it is! My 60th Birthday Present to me!! Blingy Taurus 85 Revolver!!

This is a discussion on Here it is! My 60th Birthday Present to me!! Blingy Taurus 85 Revolver!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As promised, here is my new limited edition Taurus 85 Revolver. It's my very first revolver! I finally picked it up on May 11th, even ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Here it is! My 60th Birthday Present to me!! Blingy Taurus 85 Revolver!!

Here it is! My 60th Birthday Present to me!! Blingy Taurus 85 Revolver!!

As promised, here is my new limited edition Taurus 85 Revolver. It's my very first revolver!

I finally picked it up on May 11th, even though my birthday was the 2nd. I couldn't wait until my birthday so, I jumped the gun and went to get it early on Apr. 26th. Well, I made a dopey, strategic error. Virginia state law requires you to have a valid driver's license for 30 days regardless of CC permit or not. In lieu of that, you must show your driver's record that shows you have had your license at least 30 days at an additional cost of $17!!!! I'm 60 years old now and have to prove I drive?!!!!. My error was I renewed my license (which would have expired on my birthday) on April 11th. So, I couldn't get my gun until May 11th. I feel infringed upon.

Anyway, here she is! Going to the range on Thursday to try it out. I was able to find CCI Blazer Shotshell (manufacture discontinued and hard to find) for it and it arrives Wednesday. Pretty fancy snake gun.
    Attached Images
    Carpe Diem

2. Remove Ads

Congrats...She is a beauty. I'm really digging the looks of the grips!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

Very nice and happy belated birthday.

Lucky for you, you're from Va. where you never get older just wiser!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Very nice, your 85 looks a lot like mine, cept mine is much more plain with a regular trigger and hammer, and rubber grips.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Noting says "I love you" like buying yourself a birthday present

Congrats on the new weapon and your birthday. I was just educating my grand daughter about my SP101. Showed her how to check to see if it is unloaded and let her hold it. She immediately held it right...not pointing it at anything she wouldn't want to kill or destroy and she kept her finger off the trigger and put it along the side of the weapon. Grandpa and I are teaching her. She is good student and very excited to learn. Grandpa got her a .22 rifle for Christmas and she is looking forward to target practice. We are making sure she has the proper training, including the lessons of Eddie Eagle. She is really looking forward to hunting deer with grandpa. She loves deer sausage. A real county girl...no Bambi illusions there. I don't think you can start a kid too early in the proper training.
    Firearm.Fan.Girl likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Happy Birthday!
    NICE weapon there! Heh, the last few years my wife has taken to sending me to local gun stores to get my own birthday present. I think I started the tradition when I ... um ... accidentally won an auction for a PPK made the same year I was. A light went on in my wife's head and now every year it's, "What firearm are you buying from me to you this year?" :)

Once more, HAPPY B'Day and N-I-C-E lookin' revolver!

Very happy belated birthday & very nice revolver.

Wow! Beautiful!!! I too love the grips! Good for you and,Happy Birthday
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

Everyone should treat themselves on their birthday! Excellent find, hope she serves you well. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Happy birthday and Congrats on the revolver! Wish I had more!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Well happy birthday. And enjoy that present. Get it to the range and let us know how it shoots.

hbc
    Happy Birthday, and may you have many more. Enjoy that new, great looking revolver!

Congrats!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

VIP Member
    My wife has a mod. 85 from circa 1990-91 and it shoots as well as our 2011 442.

Have fun, be safe~!!!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links