Trading M&P for Glock

This is a discussion on Trading M&P for Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Am seriously thinking of trading my M&P 357 SIG for a Glock 32. Have lots of 357 ammo, so I'd best stay with the chambering. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Trading M&P for Glock

Trading M&P for Glock

Am seriously thinking of trading my M&P 357 SIG for a Glock 32. Have lots of 357 ammo, so I'd best stay with the chambering. I do like the size of the 19/23/32, and while I like my Smith, the Glocks shoot better for me. I'm so ashamed. But I guess I have finally realized why the Glock guys (better, Zonk?) love Glock. I seem to be headed down that path. However, I am still and forever will be a SIG snob.

2. Remove Ads

Sold my M&PC 9mm for my G19 and don't regret having done so. Couldn't afford to have two 9mm at the time, but would have liked to have kept the S&W. NOW, however, I got myself the SHIELD and I am a very happy camper(shooter!) with my two 9mm's. My opinion: two of the best guns available today and don't cost an arm and a leg, or a foot and a hand, or.... !
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.... I thing the M&P is a better firearm, but I'm not the one doing the trading; besides, if you shoot the glock better well that's the right choice IMO.
    BugDude likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

If they took all my Glocks away, I would carry an M&P. This is a tough decision, but for carry I'd go with the G32. The full size M&P's are just a tad large for carry IMO.

20 years ago you could not have given me one of these ugly plastic guns. Today, if I don't have a couple of them within reaching distance of me, I feel naked.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    I like them both, and don't recommend one over the other. I carry Glocks, but would be very comfortable with the M&P.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Welcome to the dark side. I sold my H&K and went Glock.

Way to go, you will love the G32 it has become my main CCW. What I love so much about Glock hand guns is that they are so simple.

HCF
    Nice no doubt you will like it. I'm almost in that boat got 40c thinking about g27. Its on my list, don't own a Glock yet..

Got rid of my xd 9mm tactical, xd 45 service and tauras pt 145 went and got a glock g23 gen3 never looked back.

Its a free country, but Im curious as to why?

The M&P are very similar to the Glock

Just as reliable
    Just as accurate

The grip on the m&p is less square
    The m&p is made in America
    Spec and mano3 like this.
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean1818 View Post
    Its a free country, but Im curious as to why?

The M&P are very similar to the Glock

Just as reliable
    Just as accurate

The grip on the m&p is less square
    The m&p is made in America
    Some people shoot one better than the other. He mentioned that in the OP.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Moderator
    It's probably a personal preference to a large degree. I don't find that I shoot one better than the other. I can't think of anything that makes one better than the other as far as quality, accuracy, or durability goes. One thing that draws me to Glock is the simplicity of it.

Last week traded my G17 gen 3 RTF2 for a G34 gen 4. I'm upgrading all my Glocks to gen 4s. I now have a G22, G17, and G34 in gen 4s and I guess the G19 will be next, followed by the G26. Don't know what that has to do with anything, other than it says how much I like of the gen 4s.

BTW FWIW, according to my LGS who was recently contacted by a Glock rep, said Glock is no longer manufacturing gen 3s.

There's a lot of talk about the blocky feel of a Glock, but I like the Glock grip better than the M&P grip - again, that's just personal. The Glock grip lets me have more hand contact with the frame and although I can't quite put my finger on it (no pun intended), it just really feels good in my hand. I think part of it is the wider grip.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Good for you.

I like how glocks shoot, but I prefer carryng MPs...

I have no idea what it is. I'm very good with glocks (better than my MP sometimes?) but I just love my MP9c.

MP9c vs G19, I think I shoot the G19 better. I haven't done too much testing, but shooting like 10 rounds from a G19, I liked it. I also used a G17 in the police academy and always scored 48/48 it was a G17 from early 90s....

Sometimes I think about getting a G19, but I just don't care for them. lol

I traded my glock for an m&p9c. like the ambi controls and the ergos. but would i buy another glock? absolutely. all about preference
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

If they took all my Glocks away,I'd carry a stick,that what all other handguns would eventually turn into,FTF,FTE's,get tired of malfunction clearing and have to just start clubbing people.
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    If they took all my Glocks away, I would carry an M&P. This is a tough decision, but for carry I'd go with the G32. The full size M&P's are just a tad large for carry IMO.

20 years ago you could not have given me one of these ugly plastic guns. Today, if I don't have a couple of them within reaching distance of me, I feel naked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links