Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 or Kel-Tec PF9??

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 or Kel-Tec PF9?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19 but I am looking for a single stack 9mm that I can carry easily in the summer months with cargo ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 or Kel-Tec PF9??

Ruger LC9 or Kahr CM9 or Kel-Tec PF9??

I have a Glock 19 but I am looking for a single stack 9mm that I can carry easily in the summer months with cargo shorts. My budget is about $400 +/-. I have not shot any of these yet and I would like to get my hands on a M&P Shield also. Any feedback would be great.
    Live for today because no one promised you tomorrow!!

2. Remove Ads

Simple answer here..... Kahr.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Either of the first two.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The Kahr has the smoothest trigger, by far. It's also the smallest.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

In my opinion... Ruger

I won't buy a Kahr because of their association with a religious cult.

I won't buy a Kel Tec again because they are of lower quality, and the PF9 really stings to shoot.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

The Kahr is accurate, has a smooth trigger, is compact and feels good in hand.

M&P Shield has them all beat on the trigger. I held one and fell in love. I have a Ruger LC9 and it is a junk. The trigger is horrible, long, and gritty.

In order of those mentioned:

S&W Shield
    Kahr CM9
    Ruger LC9
    Kel-Tec PF9

I wouldn't let religion stand in the way of my choice in guns... it's like not picking one because the owner of a rival football team has one. :) Although Kahr did have me banned on their forum for making fun of Mr. Moon, it doesn't change my view on the picking order.

LC9 would be my choice of the selection. I like the double action and ..gasp.. gasp.. a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post

S&W Shield
    Kahr CM9
    Ruger LC9
    Kel-Tec PF9

I wouldn't let religion stand in the way of my choice in guns... it's like not picking one because the owner of a rival football team has one. :) Although Kahr did have me banned on their forum for making fun of Mr. Moon, it doesn't change my view on the picking order.
    Thunder - That's hilarious. So what did you say about the good reverend that got you in dutch on the Kahr forum? Don't worry, we won't turn you in!

From a size perspective I think the shield is quite a bit bigger than the others listed. I only bring it up because the OP mentioned size as a concern. I'd probably be carrying a shield right now if it weren't for Smith putting that stupid thumb safety on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post

S&W Shield
    Kahr CM9
    Ruger LC9
    Kel-Tec PF9

-It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

On that list, I'm partial to the Kahr.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

They came up with the name Kahr because it sounded German, who are known for quality and fine engineering. I said they should have stuck with Saeilo because they had been turning out some pretty poor slides and frames the last few months it seemed.

Yep, that's all it took - they saw that and ordered the admins to lay down the ban hammer even though just that morning I had written a thread on why I recommend Kahr.

I think the Kahr is in a whole 'nother class as far as build quality goes, but I am in love with my PF9. The size/weight, price and reliability has been a great combo of mine. I installed an aftermarket trigger in my PF9 and it has made it incredibly smooth and easy to shoot. Honestly, I think between these guns it all boils down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspaul View Post
    Honestly, I think between these guns it all boils down to personal preference.
    Pretty much.
    An intruder will be incapacitated by tear gas or oven spray, but if shot with a .357 Magnum will get angry and kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links