New Kahr PM9 Report

New Kahr PM9 Report

This is a discussion on New Kahr PM9 Report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a new black PM9 on Monday. I've put 100 flawless rounds through it after a good cleaning session. I plan on letting my wife ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New Kahr PM9 Report

New Kahr PM9 Report

Got a new black PM9 on Monday. I've put 100 flawless rounds through it after a good cleaning session. I plan on letting my wife shoot it tonight and complete the break in. I'm loving this gun so far. I have a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster that hides the gun well in a pair of jeans or baggy shorts. I also ordered a Mitch Rosen CLP Clipper for on the go and winter carry.

The gun shoots quite well, I do admit that I have to get used to the trigger though. I love the trigger, but it causes me to pull a shot low every once in a while.

I'm a dedicated Glock guy, but I was looking for a small single stack for more discreet and lightweight carry. I think I've found a good match for what I want. I have a bit of trouble shooting a G26 since I have small hands. I shoot a G19 great though. My wife has been taking that gun over though. I will still use for open carry while hunting or walking in the woods of the U.P. near home. I may even carry the G19 a bit in the winter months too...I have a Theis holster for it that I love. Other than that, the Glocks may just become home defense guns scattered about in different rooms, which they do now when I'm at home anyways.

AOK
    Great to hear you like the gun so far. My EDC has been a G23 for over five years now and the last few years I had been looking for a BUG. I always wanted the PM9 but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much cash on a BUG (I would have if it would have been my primary at times). I ended up picking up the less expensive version CM9 (as well as the desantis nemisis like you) and it has been great so far. Like you, I have been trying to get used to the trigger. During slow fire I have no problem but when I throw a rain of fire down range I'll do the same thing in dropping a shot here and there a few inches. Still effective hits but not as tight as with my 23. Just like any other gun, with a little trigger time and proper fundamentals it will come around quickly.

Congrats again on the Kahr! By the way, may I ask what made you decided to go with the PM9 over other firearms you may have been looking at?

congrats on the new pm9,you bought one of the best "pocket 9mm" available..

am also a Kahr pm9 fan....

That's funny. I think I have small hands. I don't have any problem with my PM9 or Glock 26, but the Glock 19, I have a problem with. Grip on the Glock 19 is deeper (front to back) than the Glock 26, or atleast feels that way. The 26 feels smaller. I pull my shots low left with the 19 and I don't with the 26.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Congrats again on the Kahr! By the way, may I ask what made you decided to go with the PM9 over other firearms you may have been looking at?
    Well, #1 was the small grip. #2 was the fact that it didn't have a safety. #3 was the Walther barrel. #4 was width....a big deal to me. #5 it was all black. #6 dovetailed sights. #7 9mm over a .380
    surefire7 likes this.

P.S. 200 flawless rounds have now been fired.

love the pm9 for those same reasons. did you get the standard sights or night?

PM9 owner here too. I agree they are a nice.

PM9 goes with me 8 hours / day every day rain or shine. Never missed a beat, and still looks new. It's a great tiny-nine. Congrats!!

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    They are superb small handguns that is for sure. Good pickup, enjoy it.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

My PM9 rides a shelf in the safe these days since I switched to carrying a G26 (now retired and living in cargo shorts/pants). But, I'll never get rid of it. It's an excellent carry pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    love the pm9 for those same reasons. did you get the standard sights or night?
    Standard sights for now. I may get XS sights in the future.

I have been beginning to look at a single stack as a carry option. I too have a Glock 19. Would love to see a side by side picture if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryWoody View Post
    I have been beginning to look at a single stack as a carry option. I too have a Glock 19. Would love to see a side by side picture if possible.
    Here's some pics of a PM9 with an airsoft G26 (before I bought my "real" one). The airsoft is exactly the same size as a G26 in every way. To me, there's really not all that much of a size difference...

edited to add: That is an older version of the PM9. The new PM9 slide/barrel is longer and has the angled sides at the front like the G26 in the picture, so they're even closer in size lengthwise, now. Also, with the standard flat baseplate magazine in the G26, they are exactly the same height.
    Last edited by mhunter; May 18th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links