New EDC

New EDC

This is a discussion on New EDC within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any suggestions for an IWB holster for my new Kimber Pro Raptor II? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337288016.558271.jpg...

Thread: New EDC

New EDC

Any suggestions for an IWB holster for my new Kimber Pro Raptor II?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337288016.558271.jpg

VIP Member
    Do you want a nice looking leather holster or a good functional and comfortable holster? If you want a comfortable holster that conceals the gun well, look at the CBST SuperTuck. I love mine for my Sig P220R
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks! I've been looking at those for years and never tried one. Do they have a long wait time?

Comfort is what I want, it will be concealed.

VIP Member
    I had mine within 5 days of ordering it. I will admit, I hardly ever wear it any more, but only because I OC 95% of the time.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

There's just something soooo right about a 1911 in a Brommeland MaxCon V.

Don't know what the wait time is, (good bet it's more than 5 days), but hands down the best IWB rig I've ever owned.

Nice weapon, btw!!
    Last edited by Fastball; May 17th, 2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Ahhh! Spelling.
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Looking good!
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I have two Kelley Gunleather C-flex's that I carry my SS Springfield Champion and Para Black Ops in. One is cow and one is horse, they are very comfortable to wear with no issue's. Steven will work with you to make your holster the way you want. I prefer the horse over the cow. kelleygunleather.com
    Remember, Life is not like a box of chocolate's.. It's more like a jalapeno pepper, because what you decide upon today can really burn your butt tomorrow..

I use a UBG Canute for my full size SIG P220RSAO. Bought it from one of the members here on the forum a few years ago and mighty happy with it. I'm one that doesn't like to spend a lot on my carry holsters. It's not that I'm cheap, it's just from past experience. I've seldom spent more than $100 on a holster, (IWB or OWB) that works very well for me, and the ones that I have spent over that ended up not working out for me (hybrids mainly). I have a Kydex holster that's one of my favorites for my Glocks.... a DeSantis Scorpion, and a nice minimalist tuckable from Galco the SkyOps. I may be more adaptable in ways, or I just might be rather lucky not to have a dresser full of holsters collecting dust or going to auction on EBay. Much rather spend my money on ammo, range fees, and spare magazines. Any IWB holster selection pretty much demands an adaption process. Trial and error, and field testing. Ultimate comfort with any IWB holster and carry pistol usually doesn't happen in the same day. Parts of my body have actually gone numb working with a new or different carry holster. Some have, and still do occasionally leave marks on my body, but I've put all of mine through the paces so many times that my comfort level is in knowing I can wear any certain rig for a night out on the town and for formal dining, and turn around and go home and crawl under the truck and change the oil in the driveway without changing a thing (except clothing of course). I also tend to think that many folks think that ultimate comfort may be bought for a price or that they reach a certain point and it's simply bestowed upon them. I think most of this forum is hard core and carrying at least 90% of the time if not all of the time. My estimate may be wrong plus or minus. The fact is......I figure lots of folks who got their permit to carry or who live somewhere that even without a permit it's legal to carry......end up only throwing it in the car, or maybe a purse, open carrying instead of concealed carrying because of one simple thing............comfort. Comfort cannot exist without pain or discomfort. If you feel totally comfortable on this earth, then you're likely under dirt, not breathing, not feeling, and not able to think about what comfort actually means. The best holster for anyone is that which requires minimal effort working with and that which causes the least discomfort. The rest of the world is always too hot, too cold, too dry, too humid, too stressful, too dirty, too wet................................. Comfort is when you know you and your gear are gonna get you through to the next day of discomfort and as many days as you feel like you can handle discomfort. If you don't feel comfortable knowing all of that then you'll be searching endlessly and driving yourself toward an early feeling of comfortableness. Comfort has nothing to do with eating dirt unless you've become totally comfortable while standing and thinking about it.

My apologies for the full page reply. I do that now and then. Just had to let it out.
    Find the best holster for you to carry all of the time, and hopefully it won't be a big or costly ordeal.

Links