Anyone have a Diamondback?

This is a discussion on Anyone have a Diamondback? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm visiting my youngest son in FLorida. He has offered to give me a Diamondback DB9. I've not had an opportunity to shoot it but ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray

Thread: Anyone have a Diamondback?

I'm visiting my youngest son in FLorida. He has offered to give me a Diamondback DB9. I've not had an opportunity to shoot it but it sure feels good and seems like a perfect size for pocket or IWB carry.

I would appreciate feedback from those who may have this particular gun.

Mike
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have one and I like it, but it is NOT for everyone. If you are not used to shooting a small lightweight pistol and are recoil sensitive then it is not for you. It is currently the thinnest and lightest 9mm out there weighing in at 11 ounces empty. I have not had any problems with mine, but there are some people that have had problems with theirs and you will see some people bad mouthing it, but again there are many people that do not have problems like me. I think some problems are caused by the user being recoil sensitive and some problems caused by the gun being new and have some teething issues. I hope this helps. God Bless

When I saw "Diamondback" I immediately thought "COLT Diamondback", and my pulse picked up a little! Darn...
    dukalmighty likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

My brother-in-law got one of the first ones out and I liked the thing for what it is, a plastic pistol, with a DAO trigger, in a caliber I don't really favor. It was just as concealable and did have considerably superior sights and shooting characteristics to the P3AT kept around here so I found myself wishing to trade out of the P3AT and into the Diamondback. It's subsequent reputation here on the Forum really seemed to go south though with many reports of reliability problems and breakage. So, I've stuck with what I already have.

Diamondback and P3AT

His Diamondback has not had any problems. Don't know how many folks say that about their Diamondbacks.

Yeah Smitty. I catch myself thinking the same thing: "Oh boy, some Colt revolver discussion!" The name should have never been appropriated for a bit of plastic fluff.

OOOps, sorry. I was thinking of their .380. Forgot that they introduced a 9mm. Haven't tried one of those yet.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Sponsored Links